Black Moon LTD

Thread: Now offering lights - help please

Default Now offering lights - help please

Hi there.

My 1st post here, so please bear with me [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Go Get 'em Gear is branching out and I need some flashlight advice.

We will soon (as in tomorrow, but the website updating will take a little while) be carrying flashlights from ASP, Bison, Coleman, Infinity, Inova, Maglite, Nite-Ize, Pelican, Photon, Princeton Tec, Streamlight, Underwater Kinetics, Versaband and of course, Surefire.

Now - I'm real happy that we can offer all these brands - at about 20% under retail prices, but I'd like recomendations on the best from each maker, and these will be the ones initially featured on the website (God I wish the Wife knew HTML [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] )

Thanks a bunch - and of course, if ya'll want any before the site is updated, just fire off an e-mail.

For an idea of the lights we now offer Click Here

Thanks again!!!

Dan

Default Re: Now offering lights - help please

Photon 3 covert.
    Sure Fire E2e
    Streamlight Stinger HP
    PT Surge

Cool Daddy Administrator

And UK 2L

I'm sure you'll get some good replies on flashlights. I just want to say I'd like to find a dealer with a friendly online ordering process that sells Ripoffs. As in Reeline holsters/pouches. I have 3 trusted dealers. One has a comprehensive selection but a lousy ordering process. The other 2 have great online ordering, but have a small selection.

http://www.ripoffs.com

David,

As a matter of fact, we do have Ripoffs, quite a few different products. If you need something just drop me an e-mail [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Dan

Well... this is what I was getting at. I like to click-click and then I'm done. The only typing I want to do is filling out my name, address and payment type. I could just as easily email or call one of the 3 dealers I normally use. Yes, I'm extremely lazy. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Why click-click? Because I do a lot of agonizing and browsing before I click on that order button. If I have to email or call for availability or to order, 'buyer's regret' will set in and I'll delay or forget the order.

And sometimes dealers have a bit more info than a manufacturer's website.

Now if you have a Canadian made, Mini-Mag holster that works as a sheath and headlight band, I'll be impressed. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Nope, not me [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

But I bet Normark from Bladeforums could hook you up [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] He's a Canadian guy that does custom Kydex work. Check out his site -- On Scene Tactical.

Have fun!

Dan

Thanks everyone -- for all the great info!

Dan

Flashaholic*

For me when ordering online, nothing upsets me more to place an order, pay extra for quicker shipping and then find out it's out of stock and backordered. It's even worse when the dealer doesn't notify me immediately that it is out of stock but that information would be nice to know at the time of ordering. Of course the famous Botach is known for doing that but other more reputable dealers have pulled that off as well.

Alex, Darell, David, Daniel, Geepondy, thanks a bunch!!! I almost feel like I'm cheating with all this good info [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Dan

Flashaholic

I think it would be a good idea to have the latest Inova Micro-lights (with a constant on switch) available. If you have a good price on them, it would be a pretty tempting 'add-on' item to an order. I know knifeworks.com always gets me for a few photons when I order a knife.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Marc Veeneman:
    Maybe you ought to just use your own counter?
    [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah -- didn't realise that (using broadband at home and at work)

Thanks!

Dan

Dan, I don't know if you're sticking with what you can get from your distributor ...or if you order stuff from other sources also. But what I'm looking for is the Flashband. I found this Canadian item about 4 years ago. I check in about once a year to see if they're offering them yet.

www.flashband.ca

But as time rolls on I have less and less of a desire to find one here in the U.S.

David,

we have this...

It comes in Black, Blue, Green, OD Green, and Purple. We sell it for $5.40 plus shipping. We also carry a camo one for $6.40.

Also - the website now has some flashlights and prices up, many more items to follow [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Have fun!

Dan

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Daniel Ramsey:
    And pullleeze.... have some employees that speak english! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ha ha - don't worry 'bout that [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Both the Wife and I speak english [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Dan

Flashaholic*

Do you have a Underwater Kinetic line of lights? If so, do you have the Light Cannon? It's a true 10w HID light, and is probably the only "affordable" HID torch on the market right now.

If you have it, or plan on supplying it in the next gfew weeks let me know. I'm in the market of this light and i would like to buy it anywhere that is cheaper and AWAY from California. At 189.99 dollars plus California tax here in San Diego, i'm willing to buy one of these on Ebay for 160 - or from a reputable dealer.

So how much would a Light Cannon cost minus the 20% discount off retail? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

P.S. you have a really nice site comming along!

Flashaholic

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Javahed:

Go Get 'em Gear is branching out

Dan
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I found your website really, really slow to load because of dns delays for bravenet. Maybe you ought to just use your own counter?
    [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LEDagent:
    Do you have a Underwater Kinetic line of lights? If so, do you have the Light Cannon? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We do, indeed, carry Underwater Kinetics. We don't have the Cannon yet, but oddly enough, we do have the Bulb for the Cannon 100. The bulb retails for $103.76 [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] but our price will be $80.93 [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Asked the supplier - told us that many new products are arriving and to keep checking back, so we will [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Please keep checking back - and FYI!!! The sale section for knives is up, some darn fine prices if I do say so myself [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks ya'll!

Dan

Javahead,

How soon before we can order direct, as we can with our other dealers?

Regards,
    Brightnorm

Brightnorm ,

You can order direct through e-mail or by phone right now. If it isn't listed on the site yet, don't worry, just ask and we may have it.

I'm looking into e-commerce, but that is going to be expensive so it probably won't be anytime soon.

Dan

That is one cheap E1HA!

Flashaholic* Alaric Darconville's Avatar

It seems like everyone wants the Brinkmann Legend LX, at low-low prices....

The Eternalight would also be a great choice.

But, what others have said is right-- when doing online orders, it would be nice to know if something will be in stock or is back-ordered.

Also, it's nice when you don't have to buy a new mouse after ordering a product because you wore out the mouse button clicking things so much!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Alaric Darconville:
    it would be nice to know if something will be in stock or is back-ordered.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No problem!

We can tell you if it's in stock, and if not, how long until it ships to you [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Have fun!

Dan

Flashaholic*

Hey JavaHead, i'm glad to see a distributor taking advantage of a discussion board like this. I can tell you are starting a very successful and customer service oriented bussiness.

Anyway, fill me in on the arrival of the Light Cannon anytime on this discussion because i check back on this post daily. I'm ready to buy the Light Cannon now, and if you sell your products 20% off retail, i figure i can save myself 30-50 dollars by buying from you - and instead of my local dive shop!

Keep up the good work JavaHead....OH BTW, what is your real name? I think i missed it. I'd like to call freinds by their first name. (yes, we are all friends here on CPF....i hope [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] )

Flashaholic*

Javahed,
    I speak American - kin ah get me shippin' to Europe at cost, or do you haveta add $50 for that ??

lightlover [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

LEDagent, the name is Dan -- darn glad to meet'cha [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Soon as I get word on the cannon I'll give you a hollar.

something ridiculous (aka lightlover) -- Well partner -- Ah reckon that I can ship just about any-ole-which way so as to get'cha yer package as inexpensive as possible [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Customer has the call on shipping methods -- UPS, USPS, FED Ex etc etc... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks again for all the support -- I'll continue to update the site as my fingers allow [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Have fun!

Dan

Flashaholic*

How about trying to get Eternalights from Technology Associates?
    www.techass.com

Tom is a very friendly guy.

The page has been updated again. Until my web forwarding service catches up, just click here.

The regular www.gogetemgear.com website should catch up by tomorrow.

Have fun!

Dan

I had forgotten I even had an account with Moteng. Guess it's shopping time. Hey Jave when I get in trouble with the wife in the morning for spending money can I blame it on you for reminding me?

Oh sure, just swing the spotlight of blame over this way [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I'm busy right now making my pre-deployment/birthday list for her [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Have fun!

Dan