E3 200+ lumen lamp

George Orl

Newly Enlightened
Wouldn't an E3 200+ lumen lamp be great? Myself and others discussed this topic back in Feb 02 with PK, he seemed interested, but it never got off the ground, I guess with so many other projects. I have just purchased a specially made battery holder to hold 3 123s with threads matching the E2 head and its tail button from Doug Speck. Besides the battery and different head options it allows, I want to try perhaps placing a high intensity 200+ lumen lamp into this puppy.

I emailed Carley Lamps about after reviewing their site to inquire about my need. They wrote me back - "SureFire is a customer of Carley Lamps and we can not supply drop-in modules for any proprietary flashlights. The only drop-in assembly I can offer you is a Standard PR Based Xenon Star® Lamp. Please visit our web site: www.carleylamps.com - search under Star Lamps."
This Xenon Star lamp would be too large in size, right? Which of their lamps do you think would work, if any?

I was looking at the Surefire 9volt MN11 for M3, looks shorter than others for its 225 lumen output. Using the exisiting E2 bulb's ceramic base looks difficult to manipulate but possible. I am not skilled as you guys at this and would be my first attempt at a small lamp mod. {unless one of you guys has ability to actually get done and make avail} As far as heat for whatever lamp, I would only be using for short bursts of burn time. Still don't understand why an E3 like this has not been done by Surefire or anyone else for that matter since its small size is key. Executive series has sold like hotcakes. Any thoughts, ideas on how to make this happen?