Arc AAA - E1e/KL1 over/under Mount

McGizmo

Flashaholic
The T-slot for the pocket clip on the SureFire flashlights is begging for exploration. My first abuse of this mounting point is below:

piggy-light.jpg

MORE INFO

You can hold this in your hand in the tactical mode with the Arc on and your thumb on the button for the KL1. Instant High Beam
grin.gif

Move over 10X, there's a new little kid in town!

Consider the possabilities! NVG's, IR Arc AAA and the TID on the KL1 bezel (yes it fits). Hunting field mice was never easier! Locate them with the stealth of the IR and then blind and bag them with the KL1. Yup, I think it's time to quit my day job..................
tongue.gif

- Don

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
McGizmo,

Very nice!

I never even thought about an "over/under" mount like that. As always, you be breaking new ground and pushing the limits.

Field mice better take note!

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Leave it to the 'Giz to come up with a really new and interesting configuration. Could see it mounted on one of my night hunting airguns, right above the scope -- which brings to mind the question: you make that silver colored ring mount with the grub screw? Looks like a scope ring, the one with the twist on Weaver Clamp feet. Please tell me it is and that it fits right in the SF's T-slot! (so I don't have to go find my own machinist)

Thanks for sharing this Don -- and answer my question!

Deviant

Enlightened
McGizmo

nice
icon14.gif

looks like a rescue/supply ship docked on the mother ship. I like the docking bay the most

after charlie's luxeon alien abduction we have the human hitting back wif the McGizmo spaceship
grin.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Hey I just thought of something -- with the carabiner posed up like that, Streamlight should adopt this setup with its smaller light on its biggerlight, and then the Scorpion will truly have become aptly named...

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Sorry Charlie, (always wanted to say that
tongue.gif
)

I made the mount myself. I turned off the lights and played with this thing and it really is cool walking around with the Arc AAA on and then a pushof a button and the KL1's beam stomps right on top of the Arc's beam! It is the same feel you get with the A2 only scaled way down.

I am looking forward to making some other goodies to go into the T slot. Perhaps some, if they warrant it, will end up in Dat2zips E-store..................

Thanks for the kind words guys.

- Don

McGizmo

Flashaholic
How about a titanium T bolt with locking nut? The C amd M series are also prone to being victim to T abuse...................

ti-bolt.jpg

icon3.gif

kodiak

Enlightened
That is a real sweet set-up, kudos to your inginuity. I love my E1E and my CMG Ultra, I think I will make something similar for those TWO
grin.gif

BradN

Newly Enlightened
My idea for the slot was to make a new clip with the vial out of a Glow ring in it. That way you have a way to see you light in total darkness, providing that the new clip is facing you.

Very cool McGizmo. I like it!

dangee

Newly Enlightened
Originally posted by McGizmo:
Sorry Charlie, (always wanted to say that
tongue.gif
)

I made the mount myself.
- Don
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">u made the mount yourself? do u own or have access to a drop forge foundry? cool. as it looks very much like a cast aluminum piece. to properly forge a aluminum piece of stock requires extensive knowledge of mineral properties of metals, and proper pressure exaust assemblies of forging equipment. ie: extremely expensive. a langston 300ies two form forging press(one of the least expensive) goes for around $25,000 (used) to cast aluminum properly (no weak spots caused by air bubbles and incorrect alloy components). i need one of your assemblies. such a great idea. so is it cast or billet machined?

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi Dangee,

The mount is billet. I turned the 6061T6 Al barstock on the lathe. I have a cool radius tool which allows for easy ball shapes. I held the part in an indexing 5C collet holder on the drill press for drilling the through hole. I finished it off with glass bead blasting and that's why it has the cast look texture.

- Don

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
When one of you people give an explanation I just hear Charlie Brown's teacher. I would like to mention that the mount looks suspiciously like a helmet that has been cruely bored through. I won't ask what happened to the helmet's owner.

Tomorrow I'm getting a new black suit, thin black tie, some retro sunglasses and a pen strobe.