5W Cyclops - The Real Incandescent Killer - Edited

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks to Mr. Bulk's nice 6AA battery holder, here is a 5W version of the Cyclops. This thing is really bright. As bright as a regular Cyclops, but producing four times the light. Very clear difference when powered up outside at night; much more light!

Shown here with a 1W Cyclops on the right, and the 5W Cyclops on the left.

Edited - last night I posted the wrong pic, it was of my regulated 5W and a 1W Cyclops. This is the real pic; how it should look.

cyshot1.jpg

A very nice straight forward mod that really works well. Hopefully I'll get instructions for this and the regular Cyclops posted with pictures tomorrow.

I need a break tonight..
yellowsleep.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
When Lambda made the one on the left, it was the Mighty Joe Young of the led flashlight world. So that makes the one on the right -- King Kong.

grift

Enlightened
i got one of the 1w cyclops and it is VERY nice, but damn now i gotta get in line for a 5watter
grin.gif
you guys are gonna make me go bankrupt
twak.gif

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
This thing is great. I can't stop playing, er, testing it.

On 6 fresh AA cells it draws 1.4 Amps, but I've not read a temperature over 99F at the Luxeon during continuous use.

Here's a shot of it next to a Surefire CPF G2.

cy5beam.jpg

cool.gif

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
evil.mooo

Yes, didn't catch the text when I updated the pic. Thanks!

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
crap! and i thought that first picture was amazing...what type of heatsinking did you use?

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's the same heatsink as in the regular Cyclops. It fits nice and snug inside the top of the battery tube.
lux3.jpg

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Holy Cow!!! I think this monstor will get more than 150 lumen, may be even 200:)))

Alan

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
1.4 amps at prolly 8 volts or so... doesn't that make it a ten< watter? If it doesn't at least produce 240 lumens, it's not efficient enough. But that's the prob with overdriving LEDs anyway.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
wow, that is one good little heatsink then...i wasn't sure if it would hold up, but obviously it will... ***goes to order a 5w se*** (i wish...)