looking for a new light

mattz71

Newly Enlightened
I am looking at purchasing either a Surefire L5 ,Night ops gladius or a surefire u2. My main purpose is for a tight spot and great throw.As long as the runtime is more than 40 mins I am happy. Out of these 3 lights which would have the best throw. Or could you point me in the right direction 2 cell light no bigger and able to be put in a pocket and have great throw.Also if someone can show pics of these together or show where i can find that would be great thanks matt

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Greetings and welcome to CPF mattz71,

Perhaps a KL3, without the frensel rings, on a 2 cell host would more suit the usage you described? You'll get about 4 hours of regulated runtime. Its "all throw and no glow."

kelmo

Last edited:

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
KAM's suggetion is better than mine. The E2L or if you want to go smaller, E1L are all small throwers!

photonhoer

Newly Enlightened
You ought to consider the SL 4AA Lux. terrific throw, low cost, and great regulation and run time. Rugged as H### and not as painful if you lose it.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
What are you using it for?
How far is good throw for you?
I am assuming you do not want any sidespill at all?

My preference is the Surefire U2, since it has good throw and sidespill with adjustable levels.

Your description sounds like an Inova.

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello mattz71:)

Welcome at CPF:grin2:

It depends what you are looking for. For me the best Led light with a lot of output and throw is a multiple one. I don't know any single Led light which is comparable.
Surely, I use single Led lights too, but only for closer tasks.
A Led light should also have a 2 or more-stage switch imo. That's a great advantage of Led's against to bulb lights, to get white light in a different brightness setting.

Here are great modders and great lights. For example a multiple Lux-Magmod.
Or this tiny light for example:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/125767

Take a look to ElektroLumens site and here:

http://elektrolumens.com/LittleFriend/LittleFriend.html

I wish you good luck and best regards

____
Tom