Hot New Porsche 911

Taylorf

Enlightened
Nice, I really the like the glass roof. Porsche is one of my favorite car companies.

Taylorf

Enlightened
Knifemaster said:
Ugly I don't like it. It looks too much like the 60's models. :thumbsdow

Ya, I liked their last model more than their current one, but I still think their current one looks nice though. I think they tried to bring it back, what with the round headlights and slightly different body design that looks to be taller to me.

Donovan

Enlightened
Very Nice!
How much does the clear roof weigh (vs. a regular roof)? I imagine with this roof the body would remain much stiffer than the old style targa roof…

I like the more classic 911 look in the front and the widebody in the rear...

prego

Newly Enlightened
I like it. I've always loved Porsche. I've never seen a pink Porsche yet though.

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not a big fan of the targa. It just doesn't seem in keeping with the spirit of Porsche.

This is a real porsche

2715-1.jpg

Its the new gt3. Rear wheel drive, normally aspirated, high revving and lightweight, manual gear shift and proper roof too.:) Not that I can afford one of these.

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have to agree with Monkeyboy on the GT3. It's what a driver's car should be. I've actually driven one, my ex-boss's. It was such a sweet ride, but he complained endlessly about the stiff suspension. Personally I do not consider such things to be compromises for a road car because I love to be able to tell the difference between a nickle and a dime when running them over, and I have no problem living with such a beast on a daily basis. Slowing to a crawl to enter and exit drives is just a fact of life for me, like buying gasoline or paying insurance.

The boss traded the GT3 for a Turbo, which was nice, and wow was it fast, but I wasn't into the leather seats. Too slippery for high-G handling. But they were supportive enough to almost be forgiven for the slick leather.

Eventually the Turbo was traded for a Carrera GT, and that thing saw like 20 road miles before being traded for a Gallardo (yes, a downgrade).

My new beau is a Subaru STI... no it's not a GT3... but it's barely powerful enough. I did change the stock suspension out to full spherical bearings and HKS coilovers. The spherical bearings have proven themselves to be perishable, but I won't mind replacing them when the time comes. They just make the car handle SO great (especially braking... believe it or not).