Where to buy a +250mw red diode?

BoomDog

Newly Enlightened
Hello all, I'm trying to find a red diode laser that can match my 115mw 532nm DPSS in brightness. My guess is that I would need at least a 250mw 635nm or a 300mw 650/670nm laser to do this. It doesn't need to be handheld or anything, but I'm looking at a budget of $800 or less, with driverboard and mount included. Anyone got any ideas on where to find something like this?

Daedal

Newly Enlightened
I've heard bad things about Zonestealth and that the units are very underpowered... Could be wrong though

--DDL

Guliver

Newly Enlightened
Hey BoomDog

I agree, I,ve heard and read too many stories of low power from those units, .. like half power.

Its gunna take about 450mW of 658nm Red to be about equal brightness to the green.

And finding a 635nm laser with the same thin beam spec as the green will be almost impossible with the current technology.
I am assuming that you want this for a projector?

There is already a built solution on Photonlexicon.
Or, You could build your own combined red laser.

Last edited:

Heruursciences

Newly Enlightened
The easy way, Get 2 collimated 150-200mw 656nm red diodes and a polarizing beam splitter, combine both beams using the beam splitter get about 290-380mW out :) This works as long as you're not using a PCAOM.

Lew Fong

Newly Enlightened
Hey BoomDog

Its gunna take about 450mW of 658nm Red to be about equal brightness to the green.

And finding a 635nm laser with the same thin beam spec as the green will be almost impossible with the current technology.

Yup...correct on both counts.