Sample Products

Madz

Enlightened
I emailed a company about their product. I asked if if they could send me a list including prices for samples so I could test the product. They have a Green 150mW Pointer for $223 + Shipping. Is that a common deal for sample products?

wells05

Newly Enlightened
Madz said:
I emailed a company about their product. I asked if if they could send me a list including prices for samples so I could test the product. They have a Green 150mW Pointer for $223 + Shipping. Is that a common deal for sample products?

I don't know, but if the laser is anywhere near 150 mW and stable, it's quite a deal.

They might be giving you a wholesale price hoping you will order more. If you order and they are good quality, let us know.

Madz

Enlightened
ya im gonna order one. Maybe someone on the forum will test it for me.:)

wells05

Newly Enlightened
A good start would be to compare it to the PGL-III-A once you get them both (i'm jealous). I think I saw that someone here or at another laser forum will test if you pay shipping both ways - I don't remember who or where I saw it though - will look around. Check any local universities also.

Madz

Enlightened
well i am like 15 minutes away from University of Michigan. I wonder if they have labs capable of testing the lasers thoroughly.

Madz

Enlightened
Im gonna start by calling a number lol. They got a whole book of people to call. Ill flip a coin. I goto Eastern Michigan University, so naturally I gotta cheer for the Eastern Eagles....No matter how crappy they are HA! Physics department should probably be the people for me to call about testing outputs and beam integrity of my laser when I get it. I will deffinitly buy that 150mW pointer though and get those tested. If they rock then I can probably get everyone some cheap lasers if they want them. Maybe Ill become a distributor so that I can get everything wholesale. Thats what Im gonna do. Im gonna finish www.donjon.us and then list lasers and laser information on it. register a company name and start business. i dont even care about makin "profit" i would just want to make enough to buy more lasers to play with and sell :)

Last edited:

Madz

Enlightened
Ok, Through a company called NewScience. I am about to purchase a sample product from them. Its 150mW 532nm Laser. It looks similar to the PGL. They quoted me $260 total.(that includes shipping i believe) I think im gonna buy it and take it to University of Michigan and see if they will test it for me and give me a report. If it is an awesome laser I hope I can help people out on the forum and get us some awesome lasers for affordable prices.

Madz

Enlightened
for sure if they are good. Ill probably buy like 30 of them if they are good and then people can just buy them from me. I dont plan on doing any markup(well maybe like $5 markup so i can get more sample product to test). I want to get a lot of CNI lasers going through here also. Maybe i can strike a deal with them and get some free samples if order a large amount. Then i can just distribute them for wholesale.

Last edited:

Madz

Enlightened
ok these are the specs they gave me for the laser.

[font=PrimaSans BT,Verdana,sans-serif]Operation Voltage:3V
Diode Output:150mW
wavelength:532nm
the physical dimensions:30*96mm
the approximated laser lifetime:3000-5000HS
beam divergence:<1.5
and the duty cycle :continuum
warranty:3month

they are gonna send me a test unit for $260. I will let you know

[/font]

Madz

Enlightened
They promptly emailed me back and said the final output power after optics is 150mW.

Dj_sTyLz808

Newly Enlightened
Yea this sounds pretty nice =).But do you have any pics? I am really intersted and keep me up to date with how this laser works out.If it's good I might be your first customer.haha.:rock:

Madz

Enlightened
well i dont want u to be a customer lol, Im not out to profit. I just hope i can bring a good laser to everyone to have fun with. Im gonna order a test model tomorrow and send it to The_LED_Museum

Dj_sTyLz808

Newly Enlightened
Madz said:
well i dont want u to be a customer lol, Im not out to profit. I just hope i can bring a good laser to everyone to have fun with. Im gonna order a test model tomorrow and send it to The_LED_Museum
Wow man thanks I really appreciate it and im sure everyone else here will to.Well just let me know what models you can get and the prices of them when you find out.O and if you can post up some pics of the laser you already ordered.THANKS!

Madz

Enlightened
i havnt finalised prices with them. Their prices I believe will run a 150mW green for around $260