My New Laser i Want to Mod..But Need Help!!!!

mol666

Newly Enlightened
Hi All

Yep im a newbie
awman.gif

First can i say What a GREAT Forum
buttrock.gif

I have been reading alot of post's about people modding their lasers.
But i dont see many talking about this one??

I know about the pot mod and the resistor mod..

But what i would like to know is How to get the laser apart
huh2.gif

Any Ideas???
Have many of you had success modding this one???
Pics would be Great...

5mwLaser002.jpg

Thanks to all who reply!!

rexer

Newly Enlightened
hi mate, try doing a search for newwish as thats what yours is, i cant see from the pic what flavour you8rs is, ie, <5mw but mine is a <10mw suposidly but in reallity is much less even after modding, you can do a pot mod, or just cut the 2 wires for the apc, also i did a re alignment of the lenses and that made a big difference.

Nick

stihl88

Newly Enlightened
Ok..

What i did to get mine apart was stick the battery end of the pointet into a 3 jaw lathe chuck and grab'd the other end with a pair of adjustable pliers with a thick cloth wrapped around the pointer end, you will have to wiggle it side to side whilst twisting it at the same time!

You may want to apply some gentle heat (not too Much) from a small gas burner before trying this, due to the amount of force that is needed to get the end cap off.

If you are fortunate to own a lathe and can successfuly get the end cap off then i would suggest that you shave a small amount (not too Much) of metal from the oversized part on the end cap so that it can easily be put back in and taken apart the next time you need to get to the module. With a small drop of glue it shouldn't come undone!

My dismantled Pointer...
%7B3D640E42-B8BA-4C8F-85A9-6535FE7D16E1%7D.jpg

And this is the module,it is very blurry.
%7B0EE68D41-1BCD-4D82-A48A-57D72BBA349B%7D.jpg

Now in the process of playing around with the module i seem to have blown the diode somehow and that was before i even attempted to do any sort of mod to it, i think it may be due to static or something!

Can anyone help me with this please?

mol666

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the replys

Ok i went to drill a hole to get to the pot,when doing so i hit the pot and broke it...

So reading here that you can bypass the pot.. So thats what i did and it came back to life

So then i cut the black wire on the back And now its even brighter...

Heres a pic of the pot removed and a wire in its place instead...Sorry bit Blurry
Image1mod.jpg

allthatwhichis

Enlightened
mol666 said:
Thanks for the replys

Ok i went to drill a hole to get to the pot,when doing so i hit the pot and broke it...

Heres a pic of the pot removed and a wire in its place instead...Sorry bit Blurry

:ohgeez: Damn man, can't use a drill or a camera... j/k:lolsign: Very rarely can I kill something and bring it back to life! I'm sure people will be pulling the POTs off their greenies now and just going with your mod... :goodjob: Might want to throw some thermal grease on that beast; there's no telling how much power it is getting now.

allthatwhichis

Enlightened
mol666 said:
Ile borrow my mates camera and getter a better picture up:)

:awman: I was just talkin trash... I work nights, and when it's slow I have to grasp at straws to keep my self awake... :D :bumpit: Your picture is good enough to show what you did, and how you did it. Look for some of MY pictures and you will see some one photographically challenged... :drool:

LightFetish

Newly Enlightened
sorry for posting so late. stihl88 has the right idea. i pretty much did what he did with small scratches to the tip of the laser. just take pliers (locking pliers work best) to the tip. but wrap it in cloth to minimize damage, then wiggle up and down or left and right while pulling. theres a lot of force required depening on the type of pliers being used. anyways, thats pretty much it. i took a sharpening stone (i have nothing else) to the bottom of the tip of the laser to shave it down so that it slides out with less force but doesnt slide out on its own incase i need to get inside again.

IMG_2661.jpg

IMG_2662.jpg

IMG_2663.jpg

IMG_2664.jpg

IMG_2665.jpg

IMG_2668.jpg

stihl88

Newly Enlightened
Good stuff, you got it out! Just make a new ene tip in a lathe if you have access to one. REMEMBER to be careful with static electricity cos either that's how i blew mine or somehow i shorted it whilst playing with it!

What is that split in the brass, near the circuit board where the diode is kept?

LightFetish

Newly Enlightened
its where the apc wires go so they dont get in the way when you slide the whole thing back inside. but the mods dont really do much. the other greenie i have with a green laser beam on the saftey sticker is way better than this one.

stihl88

Newly Enlightened
My My of course it's where the APC wires go into! Shows how long it's been since i last looked at mine all opened up