Ok, So im going to bed. Before i fall to sleep I usually grab a light and shine it on the ceiling just because. The lights were out and I reach over to grab a light, and i end up grabbing the HD45, but right away it feels REALLY hot, So i think i must have left it on. The light was off. I got worried, so i opened it up very carefully, and the 2 cells inside (Amondotech Titanium) were VERY VERY HOT, too hot to hold in my hand! One of the cells, the wrapper seams to have shrunk itself, like pulled itself tighter, leaving a slim white line. There werent any funny sounds or smells. I put in 2 new batteries, and it works fine. they diddnt heat up right away or anything. The last time i used the light, was prob 20 minutes prior. I must have used it for no more then 5 minutes at the time. the batteries in the light might have had 30 min prior runtime.
maybe the jacket was off on the light (see picture) , but that wouldnt short out? (ground to ground?)
I know i know, NOT AGAIN! but i dont know what to think about this.
-I dont remember in which order the batteries were.
-I dont think the light was on
This is really one of my favorate lights, and Maybe its just bad cells. I have had NO problems with the light before.
Maybe the light shorted out?
It was sitting BEZEL DOWN on my bed stand. and it was VERY VERY HOT.
-I have isolated the cells, and if anyone wants them. Let me know.