Laseglow Hades and Herc

Flanked

Newly Enlightened
Hello! Im searching of very-powerful laser because im likely bored into those 100mW toys(lol), I want raw power!!!

Would this be good:

http://laserglow.com/hades.html

What it can do? With 500 should be able to do all kind of things.. example blind yourself because of invisible light..?

Well.. how about hercules? They have pretty salty prices.. but also a LAB laser would be good because in higher powers $/mW is much lower and portability is not the 1st. requirement.. and if it is.. then damit take very long wire with you!

King Of Dreams

Newly Enlightened
yes, i 500mW laser will do alot, but it will also blind you very fast, and because you can't see it you cant protect yourself from it. not a wise choice i'd say. go for the hercules, they have good power at reasonable prices, and plus they are in the visible light spectrum so you should be safer.

bootleg2go

Enlightened
Hi Flanked,
You might want to check out my RPL series. If you compare the divergence of the Herc (up to 1.7mrad) to the RPL (less than 1.2mrad), you will find that the RPL-260 has the same amount of irradiance (Burning power) as the 350mW Herc (w/ 375mW output) and at a price savings of $1740.

Jack

Flanked said:
Hello! Im searching of very-powerful laser because im likely bored into those 100mW toys(lol), I want raw power!!!

Would this be good:

http://laserglow.com/hades.html

What it can do? With 500 should be able to do all kind of things.. example blind yourself because of invisible light..?

Well.. how about hercules? They have pretty salty prices.. but also a LAB laser would be good because in higher powers $/mW is much lower and portability is not the 1st. requirement.. and if it is.. then damit take very long wire with you!

Athoul

Enlightened
You can also just purchase any non-modified 50+mW pen style laser and remove the optics. Look at it's specs before buying, it will usually have a 500mW pump diode. You will be left with a 500mW IR laser for about $200. Even after purchasing a lens to focus/collimate the 808nm beam, it will be much cheaper then $900. Of course it will be 808nm and not 1064nm, but you will still have the crystal set if you ever needed to get 1064nm or even 532nm.