• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired ULTRA COMPACT USB CHARGER FOR LionHeart/LionCub/Chammie

Geologist

Enlightened
Ultra compact LionHeart/LionCub/Chammie USB Charger for the genius Georges80 at TaskLed!

Here are some prototype photos,
lhchg.jpg

lcchg.jpg

Red LED lights when charging. Green LED lights when charged. Red/Green light when something is wrong.

The charger chip is smart - designed for USB (500mA max draw), prequals the battery, limits the current, does nice constant voltage and will NOT start a new charge cycle if the battery is not sufficiently discharged - so you can leave it hooked up indefinitely.

Here's a pic showing the mini usb entry port:

lichg.jpg

The head screws onto the LH/LC/Chameleon body.

ltchg.jpg

and even newer pics!

Here's some pics:

First one is on an LH:

lionchg1.jpg

Next on an LC:

lionchg3.jpg

Next, a view of the mini-usb connector:

lionchg2.jpg

Finally a view of the 'guts'. The production version will have a production PCB of course and also a higher battery nubbin rivet to ensure good/safe connection to a pila.

lionchg4.jpg

George has an information thread here:
http://flashlight-forums.com/index.php?topic=1059.0

and a sign up thread here!
http://flashlight-forums.com/index.php?topic=3022.0;all

Assuming enough interest, unit price should be around $30 - but the thread are really the source for all the details. There are roughly 1000+ compatible lights with various tubes, and this will catch them all - power via USB (or adapter designed for USB charged devices!).

Check it out!

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Free bump!

I think this should be in the Custom B/S/T since it's a custom charger for a custom light

AlexGT

Geologist

Enlightened
Bullzeyebill said:
Georges80 needs 150 units committment to proceed with the $30.00 price.

Bill

THanks for reminding me of that!

I am hoping this happens - this will make my Nano look large and slow!

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
BTTT. LionCub, LionHeart, Chammie owners get in on this great charger made by the famous Georges80.

Bill

Geologist

Enlightened
Does this qualify for the smallest Li-Ion Charger? It looks to be smaller than the Nano. All you have to have is the battery tube to use this charger - neat because you can use it for all the different batteries....

Geologist

Enlightened
PLUS another bump!

Make sure you sign up on the list!!!!!

List we only be open about another week and if there is not enough interest, then this great idea will not happen!

Dependent on battery tube, will charge

Sizes 123, 150S, 150A, 168S, 168A with a pocket sized cap SMALLER than a Nano, powered via USB!

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just noticed this thread. If George is involved, I'm up for 2. One for home and one for work. I'm off to sign up now.

Latest posts