Interest in Mid Atlantic campout in VA?

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mid Atlantic campout in VA Oct 21-22 *CANCELLED*

This is to gage interest in a VA CPF get together.

**UPDATE** as of 16Oct06
CANCELED DUE TO LACK OF INTEREST
- maybe next year.

Here is where it stands.
- Oct 21-22.
-Change in location to camp at Natural Chimneys, Tour of Grand Caverns.
http://www.uvrpa.org/directions.htm
-Sat Night hike on park trails
- Breakfast Sunday morning at local resterant
- Sun morning Tour of the cavern. (Its decorated for holloween)

Any other suggestions?

-Cave Dave

Last edited:

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh. This would be off I-81 near Harrisonburg VA, not to far from Shenandoah Nat'l Park, a bunch of showcaves. About 2 hrs from Washington DC.

If we get enough people to come I might be able to convince a caving vendor to bring lights and cool stuff to sell. The Stenlight and PIERCE M10 people are close by, maybe I can convince them to show there stuff. Maybe have a CPF trade and swap. (aka bring money, or you can paypal with your cellphone nowdays :D)

http://www.karstsports.com/lights.html

Last edited:

Navistar

Newly Enlightened
That cave looks cool.Does the campground have cabins? I don't think I have a tent anymore,I "loaned" it to someone a couple of years ago.

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd definitely be interested. I'm in MD but work in VA. I'd be willing to bring along the tent and do some camping! Keep us posted.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the group is pretty small I could arrange a true wild cave trip. People would need some helmets though. I imagine lighting would not be a problem.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am somewhat interested. Are we going to actually go through a cave, crawling around, using tackle to assend or desend or is this like the tourist attractions that are paved and easy to walk?

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
Endless is a commercial cave with paved walkways. I know some wild caves in the area but would only lead a group in there if everybody was interested and even then it would be a real easy cave.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Id be interest in seeing other flashlights, meeting some of you guys and maybe staying for a few hours then heading back. I have no idea what my work arrangements maybe when this is planned.

My folks use to tour the luray carvins yearly, but that was when I was a child.

I maybe able, but I dont want to push it. I actually quit my last job cause of having to stand on my feet.

I will be at the Busch race at RIR from 4pm til the end at the top of the seating area betwen turns 1-2 if anyone wants to meet there. The fan area is open to anyone and you can always find tickets for sale in the parking lot between 15-40 bucks.

dragoman

Enlightened
I live in baltimore, interested if I have enough time to take off from work (need some time for advance notice....)

dragoman

AnimalHousePA

Enlightened
I'm right up around Philadelphia but I woudn't mind coming down for a campout in VA. Just got a brand new tent and I want to use it as much as possible to justify the $219 cost. :grin2: Please keep me posted...Jim

LouRoy

Enlightened
Cavedave, I live in Richmond and would definitely be interested. I would love to do some "wild" caving. Please keep me posted. Thanks!

Ras_Thavas

Enlightened
I would rather not put on a helmet and try to drag my fat a@@ through any caves. I am certainly up for walking through any caves though.

jtice

Flashaholic
I really dont know if I will have the time off work, or the $$$ for this,
but this is by far the closet meet that has been setup near me.
Plus I am a caver :devil:
So keep us informed! :D

~John