New Raw K2 & NS K2

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Raw with K2 UXOL Bin.
1 Hour + Run time on New (Not so low) setting 45-50 Lumen's.
High Burst Mode 25 Min's Run time @ 70 Lumen's.
Same epic Low 10 Hours (8-10 Lumen's) with Regular CR2 3 Volt.

The new (Not so low) setting is 300 Ma which is very efficient & produces allot of light & not much heat for 1 hour + from the Protected PRCR2 350 Mah Battery.
You still have the options of full power high (Recommended for burst mode 1-2Mins only)
And epic Low for huge a 10 hours from 1 Regular CR2 3 volt.
All these options & more than ample light in a Thumb Size package.

I only have 9 of the K2 LEDs ATM if Popular I will try to get more??
The above new Low setting is also available for the Raw & Raw Ns Lux 3 watt TYOK's.

Cost is £35 www.Lummi.co.uk
Extra for Nano charger & 2 Stage etc.
If ordering online please follow up with a email stating K2, 1Hour Low.
newraw2.jpg

Below photo shows the Raw K2, You can tell the K2 LED by the hexagon Reflector inside the K2 package.
k2-raw.jpg

Last edited:

KAM

Newly Enlightened
Re: New Raw K2

Nice!

So this thing has 3 settings and works the same as the others twist more to get brighter, right?

Thanks
Kam

Isak Hawk

Enlightened

Very tempting...

Are these lumen values the actual lumens out the front?

Also, does it now have 3 light levels (epic low - not so low - burst) or is the "epic low" setting replaced with the "not so low" if you choose that option?

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast

orb said:
High Burst Mode 25 Min's 70 Lumen's . . . You still have the options of full power high (Recommended for burst mode 1-2Mins only)

So what does the "25" mean? Is it 25 minutes on burst or 1-2 minutes?

:stupid:

Ok, I get it. 1 - 2 minutes on high is the max recommended at one time, for a total burn time of ~25 minutes.

cheers

Last edited:

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes & No with the 3 settings. There are 2 settings High Burst & (Not so Low) Low
The 3rd Setting (Epic Low) is with a standard 3 volt CR2.

Lumen's figures quoted are estimated values out the front.

Isak Hawk

Enlightened

Couldn't resist, it seems I have NO willpower :laughing:

My Raw collection wouldn't be complete without the Aluminium Raw anyway, and now I'm getting one with a K2!

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast

these arent by chance regulated are they?

-David

Jiffy

Newly Enlightened

Cool news. So this is the same brightness as a T bin 3watt? Are you still doing the U bin 3 watts for an extra £6?

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast

cheapo said:
these aren't by chance regulated are they?

-David
Regulated? What does that mean? :crackup:
Oh I see the dictionary says: Regulated means longer length & more complicated electronics to potentially go wrong!!!

No just Joking, Regulation is not something I have wanted to build into the Raw Series, Its always been about smallest, simple, bright, quality, practical for Reasonable cost.

On this 300 Ma setting (Resistor Regulated) & the Li-ions, the Brightness level stays pretty constant between 10 Mins - 50 Mins, Of course there is a fall but the Li-ions do hold there charge well.

Jiffy: I'll be back in a Jiffy :crackup:

I'm Back! Err I would say the K2 U bin is the same a brightness as a 3 watt U bin. Colour tint & Reflectors all play a big part in how bright these appear. The K2 with a Mcr 18mm produces a larger spot going towards more flood than a 3 watt T bin Original height slug with original focal point Reflector, which would give a tight bright spot in comparison. There are many variables out of my hands..
Yes I still have UXOJ & UWOJ's that we can offer for £6 Extra.
That's why this K2 offer is a good deal!!!!!!

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast

All this 'original height', 'original focal point' has got me confused.
Are you saying that the K2 is more flood than spot?
Can you compare it to an NS with the cut-down reflectors?
The original NS were pretty floody but the cut-down reflectors tightened up the spot nicely.
Is the K2 even more floody than the first NSes?
I sure hope not.

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have Just spent most of the Morning assembling some of these :thumbsup:
I will be dispatching orders today.
I have removed the nano charger from the Raw K2 kit as there is extra work involved in modifiying some components. Price is the same but with out charger.
Orders already received are unaffected.

The K2 LED is growing on me, Physically it is a more robust device & the Totally Transparent silicon like dome seems more forgiving than the Lux 3 Acrylic dome.
The colour Tint from these UXOL is pleasant, the U flux is very bright @ 900 Ma.
Certainly as bright as any other U bin I have seen before.
These L Vf are still pulling 900 Ma from the PRCR2, so do not be put of by the L @ the end of UXOL.
Another bonus ought to be that we are not pushing the K2 to its Limits in the Raw. Infact the K2 is pushing the Battery & the Physical size of the Raw. Hence the Recommendation of high as Burst mode 1-2 mins only.
The New Not so Low setting means needing the High mode allot less.
I have made alterations to the heat sink spacer & the Reflectors to produce a nice tight beam with no doughnut beyond 10 Cm. :cool:

Isak Hawk

Enlightened

Sound good, I can't wait :grin2:

Mine won't be shipped until mid august because Rob is currently out of blue tritium vials. I guess this will be a late birthday present from myself then :)

lightrod

Enlightened

orb said:
.....Infact the K2 is pushing the Battery & the Physical size of the Raw......

So Rob - I'm wondering if this answers the inevitable question: how about the K2 on the Ns?

If the K2 "pushes" the Raw and CR2 then I suppose it totally shoves the Ns and the 14250 out the door?