Which LED is best to mod for a HDS U60?

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
treasurydept said:
Which LED would be better to use to mod a HDS U60 (not 42); an S bin Lux I or a U bin Lux III?

i think the led inside the hds is a lux III.

so, i think you will be better with a U bin lux III.

wasBlinded

Flashlight Enthusiast
treasurydept said:
Which LED would be better to use to mod a HDS U60 (not 42); an S bin Lux I or a U bin Lux III?

They are probably both the same thing, just sold differently (binned at different currents). Don't sweat it. Choose whatever is available in the tint bin you want, but keep in mind that a Lux1 will move toward pink at currents higher than the 350 mA it is binned at (the HDS on Max), while a Lux3 will move toward green at currents lower than it is binned at (the HDS below Max). Fortunately, since the HDS uses PWM dimming, the tint shift will not be large.

Also keep in mind that you may not get a remarkable brightness increase by trying to upgrade an HDS U60, but if you are doing it to get a different tint it may be worthwhile to you.

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
> Please Note < as pointed out by wasBlinded... and others .. DO NOT UPGRADE HDS LIGHT... It may not always be fruitful.. its a gamble... HDS Tunes Lights Individually... so you have to be very careful... off late the Bins are no longer written on HDS Lights internals .... (refer to recent posts)... A user has posted the picture of opened light... and all he got was some 'version' numbers
Also View this thread...
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/122615

why dont you just enjoy the normal rated HDS U 60 Output... they have 60 Lumens as promissed nothing less.. nothing more..