• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

spares, parts and odds and ends

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi guys,

Instead of answering one e-mail after another that is coming in asking for stuff I am not offering at the present, I will try a proactive approach here.

I currently am trying to make the 27LT and a slate PD available as detailed in the Pricing and Ordering Thread. I am not offering spares or Ti components I have already stated are sold out.

Surplus and extra components are available from the shoppe when in fact there are surplus or extras.

Ti bezel rings, heat sinks, windows and such fall in this category. There should have been extra heat sinks like used in the Ti lights but the latest batch had 80% that were rejected! There is a new order in but no ETA on these.

The GDx2 driver is a wonderful driver but the IC used in these is on a couple month back log. Wayne was not able to make enough of these converters for our current programs and we both are short of needed converters. When there are enough of these and when Wayne is ready, these will also be available on the shoppe.

I am not in the spare parts game here and it would be in conflict with my support of the shoppe not to mention that I simply don't have the set up, time or desire to be involved in this activity. If there is a problem with a light I have sold that requires a new converter, window or component that is a different story.

I will be directing e-mail inquires to this post in lieu of specific and individual responses and hopefully some will read this post and ask a question here if uncertain and not send off an e-mail to me.

tino_ale

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like my e-mail questionning if several spare parts could be sold to me was the "too-much" one :huh:

Sorry for the bothering.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Tino,
You may have contributed (I can't remember) but don't think that you get any credit here! This post was in response to a good number of requests and questions. There are a number of people asking for PD's in chrome and HA-Nat with a choice of LED's. I thought I was rather clear that these aren't available but perhaps not. Folks want Ti Bezel rings for their HDS lights. I keep enough for my builds and send the majority to Wayne and Cindy for the shoppe. People are asking for Ti 1x123 tubes. I sold more of these than I wanted to at the time and shorted myself on them. I think I made that clear at the time but some people are just discovering that these were made. The Ti Aleph 1 heads have generated questions about spare parts and components; even after I posted in that thread about these parts being available from the shoppe. :ohgeez:

Bob_G

Enlightened
Looks like my e-mail questioning if several spare parts could be sold to me was the "too-much" one
LMAO! I've thought that 2 or 3 times over my tenure here.

I work with a person who's a nationally recognized expert in a certain field. She cares deeply about it, but is constantly bothered by phone calls and emails from people who want free advice etc. Comes with the territory, but the personal frustration can bet pretty intense sometimes. It's like, each individual sees things from their own perspective, but doesn't stop to think that ALL those individuals thoughts and desires are coming down on one person's head :D

I shouldn't drink this early in the day :popcorn: (I know it's supposed to be popcorn, but it looks like a beer mug to me.)

ouchmyfinger

Enlightened
Ok then I'll get this started. Will there ever be more Aleph Light Engine kits (empty ones) available? I would like to be able to build some new engine's for my Alephs with currently available LEDs and converters. The Shop hasn't had any for a while.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Yes, I'm one of the "guilty parties" who added wood to the fire - I appreciate your pro-active approach and direction. :thumbsup:

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
The light engine parts are in process of re-ordering and re-supplying the shoppe. They will go online when they become available.

As for the GDx2 converter boards. I don't have time at this point to properly document them on the shoppe. That's my bad. As for the GDx2 converter board there are zero available since we are actually short converter boards for targeted lights Don is making. The GDx2 is in shortage right now with the IC targeted to go back in stock in Sept some time. That would be the earliest we could start another run of GDx2 boards.

The rest of the x2 series need documentation and some write up. I just fixed the FAQ desk on the shoppe and need to start putting more help online to alleviate the overwhelming simple questions that are now bombarding the shoppe inbox. I do have NGx2, Wiz2x2, NewBBx2, DBx2 converter boards.

Couple that with the fact that Cindy is the one and only person handling orders, replying to emails, ordering new stock, itemizing, billing, invoicing, credit etc etc etc. It's more than a full time job and are managing as best as possible.

IF you have a technical question that can be answered by other fellow CPF'ers here on CPF it would serve two purposes. Offload email communications towards us and allow others to see the response as they may be in a similar situation and could benefit from the answer that is generated.

There are thousands of CPF'ers and only one Cindy.

Do not stop sending email, but, if CPF'ers can answer your question you will get a lot faster response. It's totally our fault if you don't get a response. A gentle reminder or tickler if no response might be required to get our attention.

-Wayne

dmdrewitt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, I'm one of the "guilty parties" who added wood to the fire - I appreciate your pro-active approach and direction.
thumbsup.gif

I'm another one of the guilty parties

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought this was the "garage sale" thread.:ohgeez: :whistle:

I have been known to ask one too many stoopid questions too.:grin2:
What I like most about Don is he tells you like it is I think while biting his tongue and grinting his teeth sometimes.:laughing:

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Beamhead said:
I thought this was the "garage sale" thread.:ohgeez: :whistle:

I have been known to ask one too many stoopid questions too.:grin2:
What I like most about Don is he tells you like it is I think while biting his tongue and grinting his teeth sometimes.:laughing:

:crackup: ... I thought about a nice gagrage sale, too ... but shut my mouth in order to keep the serious tone and spanking theme of the thread ... :p

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Every once in a while, the camel collapses. It's just a piece of straw! :eek:

When questions are asked here on the forum, many can grab the straw.

Cindy is amazing with what she handles! If the inventory of Ti bezel rings goes to zero for instance, I get e-mail requests within hours for these! :green:

~
Hi, can I get a Ti Bezel ring from you?

I'm sorry, I don't sell them separately but the shoppe handles them.

Yes, I know but they are out right now. And while I have you, I know you are busy but could you make me a PM6 module with a 5W SE and I know you sold out of the Ti 1x123 tubes but if you have one I could buy from you.... Oh yeah and what do you think about making the.....

~

I whined about this in a thread a couple years ago and a form letter e-mail was suggested or just don't answer the e-mail. I admit that lately I can let an e-mail go for a few days before answering but it is in the background bugging me the whole time until I do! That one straw feels like 100 and I am a wimp! :eek:

Now for that beamhead fellow, I think I am going to send him a 5lb box of parts and he can have a garage sale! Sure, I'll take a cut but it will be up to him to figure out what it is and he will also have to figure out what the treasures are! :nana:

I realize the subject of the thread sounds like a garage sale and maybe that's because it feels like that sometimes; only I didn't realize I was having one! :green:

Should you or I forget,

:stupid:

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
McGizmo said:
Now for that beamhead fellow, I think I am going to send him a 5lb box of parts and he can have a garage sale! Sure, I'll take a cut but it will be up to him to figure out what it is and he will also have to figure out what the treasures are! :nana:

I'm game and running for safety.:whistle: :laughing:

tino_ale

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wayne,
If we'd like to buy some of those, would we ask you directly or should we wait until they are available from the shoppe ?

dat2zip said:
The rest of the x2 series need documentation and some write up. I just fixed the FAQ desk on the shoppe and need to start putting more help online to alleviate the overwhelming simple questions that are now bombarding the shoppe inbox. I do have NGx2, Wiz2x2, NewBBx2, DBx2 converter boards.
-Wayne

greenLED

Flashaholic
McGizmo said:
Now for that beamhead fellow, I think I am going to send him a 5lb box of parts and he can have a garage sale!
'bout time! Maybe then he'll get off his lazy beambunz and send me that rubery Aleph...
:nana:

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast
greenLED said:
'bout time! Maybe then he'll get off his lazy beambunz and send me that rubery Aleph...
:nana:

Prolly lost inside some plastic skull... :laughing:

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
:ohgeez: This thread has gone way off topic, that Bernie guy and a certain Mc Artist are gonna kick my butt.:whistle:

Greenie, the rubbery Aleph will always be in my presence, and look for something coming your way.:naughty:

EricMack, pm me your addy, I have a skull for you.;)

Kiessling

Flashaholic
How could I kick my skull-supplier in the butt? :D :kiss:
And the McDon person is way too busy for this anyway ... :p

When's your garage sale then?