2/3 A 4/5 SC High discharge Hi Capacity Q

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Three questions.

I visit CheapBatteryPacks often. They seem to be always offering improved NiMh cells.

What other sites have up to date high discharge NiMhs?

In the arena of high discharge NiMhs, what are the higher mAh ratings for 2/3 A and 4/5 C cells?

Thanks in advance.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, MSI.

Wow. Much cheaper IB cells there. I'm specifically trying to see if there are cells better than the IB1400 and GP2200. Well, you may have helped. I think CheapBatteryPacks does not zap their cells. The GP2200 cells that BattlePacks offers are zapped. If I understand correctly, with the internal connections fused, those cells should be able to offer more current.

If this is true then a 6 X GP2200 Mag 4C should make a very high performing ROP.

I'll check with Mike at CBP to confirm that their GP2200 cells are not zapped.

Lurveleven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Icebreak said:
If I understand correctly, with the internal connections fused, those cells should be able to offer more current.

Zapping will increase the voltage under load a tiny bit. More info about zapping. Since this is for very high loads and when the cells are run hot of the charger, I'm not sure how much effect it will have in flashlights, and I'm pretty sure your eyes will have a hard time noticing the small gain. I wouldn't base my buying decision on the cells being zapped or not.

Sigbjoern

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, Sigbjoern.

I see. For most of the incandescent flashlights I'm working with the wattage range is 30W - 50W where the RC guys that use zapped batteries are working with several 100s of watts.

I'm sure you are right. Zapping isn't going to be of much use. Good call.

- Jeff

Latest posts