Nordic 2C and 3C lights

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
I today received 3 Nordic 3C lights I bought for $3.01 @ and 8 2C lights that I bought for $1.00 @ on EBAY. Shipping averaged $2.82 per light.

The 3C's are just like the discontinued-in-mid-2002 R/S aluminum flashlight private labeled by Nordic. The battery sections unscrew from the switch section can be put together in 3C multiples because the front end male threads of each section are the same as the tailcap threads.

Sub C batteries fit in the Nordic tailcap, while they won't fit into a Mag tailcap. Hence, 4 sub C's will fit into a Nordic 3C while they won't fit in a Mag 3C.

The 3C light is noticeably longer than the Mag 3C but has a narrower head (1 7/8 " diameter plastic lens and plastic reflector).

The Nordic 2C light has a narrower and shorter head (1 5/8" diameter plastic lens and plastic reflector) and shorter switch section. The battery and switch section is a single extension just like with the Mag. The 3C is 3" longer than the 2C even though the additional C battery is only about 2" long.

One or more 3C tubes can be screwed into one 2C body. Unfortunately, the heads have different threading and are not interchangeable.

Thus, my possible C cell configurations (including my R/S Nordic 3C) are 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, 9, 11, 12, or 14 C cells.

Sub C cell configurations add 4, 7, 10, 13, 15, and 16 cells to the menu of choices.

A single 2C can also handle 3 or 4 @ 123's or 3 sub C's.

I question the relative heat handling capabilities of the smaller Nordic 2C reflector and closer-to-the-bulb lens. I do like that the Nordic 2C is more compact and narrower than the Mag 2C.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Happy New Year Clark,

Then you'll have to send me a 2C Nordic for 5-watt mod purposes...

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
My shipment came with a hidden stacked double bottom box compartment that included the 5 @ Nordic 3D flashlights I bought for $4.99 @. (I noticed this when I picked up the heavy "empty" box.

I discovered this The 3D's also can be screwed together as a 6D, 9D, 12D, or 15D. It's a poor man's Brinkmann 5-3-2. The lens and reflector are the same size as the 3C.

I've loaded two of the 2C's with 3 sub C's and potted Carley #805 3.7 V 1.60 A 148 Lumen bulbs. This is a reasonable amount of light for a run time of a little < 2 hours with 3000 mAh Sub C's.

I don't currently have anything more exciting to put in the 3C's with 4 sub-C's than my 168 Lumen potted Carley #806 4.8V 1.60 A bulb. Next week I'll have Carley pot some W/A #01319 4.8 V 1.92 A 204 Lumen and #10083 4.7 V 3.85 V 411 Lumen lamps. The 9.2 Watt bulb shouldn't melt anything, but I suspect the 18.1 Watt bulb will.

I'm hoping I can use the 18 watt bulb in a Coleman 4D combination incandescent / fluorescent lantern. This lantern throws a very tight beam and has a very large reflector head that may disperse some of the heat.

Charlie:

You may, of course, have one of the 2C's if you wish. It is only marginally shorter than the Mag 2C but the head is much more compact.

All: Unfortunately, no Mag or Brinkmann parts are thread, lens, or reflector compatable with the Nordic lights.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Clark,

Thanks, I'll e-mail you after the new year is slightly underway. I'm just a little bogged down right now...