• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTb "X" Bin Star or Emitter *FOUND* Can you believe it :)

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a special project light in the works and would love to use an X-Bin. If you have one please let me know. I'll trade work or pay $$.

Thanks Mac

Last edited:

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTb "X" Bin Star or Emitter

I read the thread.

He might not be responsible for grabbing all the XX1S's that I was eying on ( I doubt it), but... at this price, you've been overcharged. No bluffing here.

Last edited:

AW

Newly Enlightened

yazkaz said:
I read the thread.

He might not be responsible for grabbing all the XX1S's that I was eying on ( I doubt it), but... at this price, you've been overcharged. No bluffing here.

:wtf: !!!!

Last edited:

vortechs

Enlightened
Let's all stay polite, please.

A seller can charge whatever the market is willing to pay for an item. If the asking price is too high, people simply won't buy it.

From what I've seen, there is a lot of demand for previously unobtanium bins when they first appear.

If a seller wants to charge less for an popular item, I'm very happy as a buyer, but they will probably be sold out very quickly.

Luna

Enlightened
When the W's are going for around 40, how is $10 extra for an X out of line anyhow?

twentysixtwo

Enlightened
There's a tradeoff. I'd rather be the super lucky guy who bought them for $20, but barring that fantasy, Would you rather have an opportunity to buy an X bin for $50, or would you rather watch while some other lucky peeps buy them for $35, but there were none left for you?

It's kind of like the gasoline shortages back in the 70's. It wasn't caused by the embargo as much as it was caused by price controls. When the price is allowed to float, people self ration. I'd rather have gas at $3.15 a gallon than have gas at $1.50 a gallon, but only able to buy gas on odd or even days after waiting 30 minutes at the few stations that had gas.

Given how fast they went, I think the price AW charged was more than fair.

dpled

Enlightened

icon14.gif
well said AW

AW said: