FujiCell 2700mah AA $1.45, any good?

TorchBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone tested Fuijicell NiMH cells yet? I found a reference on the web (http://www.chinasourcingreports.com...s/Battery-Packs/p/CSRBAP/Supplier-Profile.htm) that they are made by BetterPower Battery Co. Ltd.

Established in 2002, BetterPower Battery Co. Ltd specializes in developing and manufacturing high performance NiMH batteries, battery packs and chargers. The company categorizes its products into the consumer battery series, high-capacity series, low-cost NiMH battery pack series, high-power series, high/low temperature series and rapid-charge series. It claims that its NiMH batteries and battery packs have the highest capacity in all of mainland China.

BetterPower's sales have increased by 150 percent since 2003 — a trend expected to continue through 2006. Battery pack annual sales hit US$12.5 million in 2005, and are projected to reach US$30 million in 2006. To achieve this, BetterPower is expanding its factory space and investing about US$850,000 in Japan-made assembly and testing equipment.

BetterPower provides OEM services, mostly to top brands from Germany, the United States, South Korea and Japan. It exports about 75 percent of its output mainly to Europe, North America, Southeast Asia and Australia. Aiming to increase its export ratio to 80 percent in 2006, the company participates in trade shows, such as CeBIT, Korea Electronics Show, Consumer Electronics Show, Hong Kong Electronics Fair, and China Sourcing Fair, to gain wider market exposure. It will set up a distribution office in Germany in February 2007.

Major brands and clients served Ansman, Lenmar, Daewoo, Fuji Cell
So it seems they are made in China using Japanese equipment.

Last edited:

TorchBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have to laugh at this one - a suppliers' web site showing BetterPower products. It lists these particular Fuijicell AA cells as having a nominal 2000mAh capacity. The picture shows they're labeled as 2400.
http://betterpower.en.alibaba.com/p...hargeable_Batteries/Rechargeable_Battery.html

Or the BetterPower/BP branded ones - nominal 2000mAh, labeled as 2500mAh.
http://betterpower.en.alibaba.com/p...rgeable_Batteries/BP_Ni_MH__AA_2_500mAh_.html

Should we take this as being indicative of their quality, or are these specs a tad out of date? :lolsign:

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Isn't alibaba a Chinese trade site? I think they often offer ODM, OEM, or manufacturing services from a lot of the vendors and may picture examples of some of the products that they have alledgely produced. As you probably know, many people who create web sites just steal images from other sites; as such, it's probably not a surprise that Chinese web merchants often steal images rather than create their own.

TorchBoy said:
I have to laugh at this one - a suppliers' web site showing BetterPower products. It lists these particular Fuijicell AA cells as having a nominal 2000mAh capacity. The picture shows they're labeled as 2400.
http://betterpower.en.alibaba.com/p...hargeable_Batteries/Rechargeable_Battery.html

Or the BetterPower/BP branded ones - nominal 2000mAh, labeled as 2500mAh.
http://betterpower.en.alibaba.com/p...rgeable_Batteries/BP_Ni_MH__AA_2_500mAh_.html

Should we take this as being indicative of their quality, or are these specs a tad out of date? :lolsign:

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
I say if you want to buy ebay sells, go for Vapextech, sells on ebay. They are real stuff and the review is in the Nimh shootout by silverfox. They are quality ebay cells.

bcwang

Enlightened
I have these fujicells. My dad bought some and let me have some to test since he thought they were a good deal. Let's just say they are complete junk. All 4 cells were very inconsistent, and much lower capacity than their rating. Here's a test from my CBA II, also added a PowerEX 2500mah in there for comparison. This was tested at a 3 amp rate. I also did test them in my bc900, all 4 gave different and low results, lowest being around 2000mah, and so different I couldn't come up with one matched pair from the 4.

TorchBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
bcwang, that graph is terrible. And even hitting them with 3A is only 1.11C. They're pathetic - all of them straight down to 1V. It's the most common brand sold on TradeMe (http://www.trademe.co.nz/). What are they like at 1 amp?

koala, isn't vapextech often refered to as vapourtech? Even so, Silverfox's test showed them to be way better than these.

Brighteyez, I think they're stealing images of their own brand, or very confused.

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got some of these also(fuji 2700mAh), and would like to warn people not to buy them, seems to be complete junk. I bought 4, and same thing happened to me, only two of them seems to be close in capacity, the other two, lower and much lower. And none of them close to my other GP 2500mAh when it comes to performance. Maybe it's a bit two early to tell compared to the GP 2500, havent got through that many cycles yet, but the fact that they seems so mismatched in capacity is discouraging.

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Bcwang,

I think those graphs pretty much tell the whole story.

They look like "crap" cells to me... :)

An interesting observation... Cell #4 would still be considered "good" during standard cycle testing. When they advertise > 500 cycles, toward the end of the test, this is the kind of performance you can expect.

Keep in mind that cycle testing can be done at lower loads, but some if it is done at 1C, and 3 amps is just slightly over that for these cells.

Tom