Got my Electrolumens 6AA adapter for 2D mag.

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Put in my Maglite 5D bulb, and its about as bright as my 6Z with p61. ''Not too bad for a Mag!'' But the difference is beam quality, Seeing a maglite like this makes me appreciate the SF's even more.

Illuminated

Enlightened
Cool...maybe use a little WrightRight PDA film, or try Lambda's Krylon reflector texturizing trick to smooth the beam a bit. UCL or Borofloat lens from Flashlightlens.com is nice, also. Nothing will likely give you Surefire quality output, but these tricks can make dramatic improvements for your inexpensive, durable flashlight.

Have fun!

John

EMPOWERTORCH

Enlightened
This sounds like the answer for my friend who wants his 2D mag Luxeonising with a 5W cyan Lambertian. Is this adapter a drop-in battery cage that simply replaces the 2 D cells and uses the torch's rear spring and bulb base contacts?
This type of device could then be used in a host of other torches! (2D is probably the most common size of torch!)
I'm thinking of two of these adaptors containing nicad AA's powering a 20W dichroic halogen bulb in a 4D aluminium torch! I'm not normally a filament man but his sounds like it could be a cool mod! I just have to find a torch with the right diameter head and the corect amount of space to take the dichroic! In Mapln these come in various beam angles and can be bought with various colour filters as well! This could be the big torch project of the year!

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, contact Electrolumens for it, it is about 1/4'' longer than 2D cells, but it fits fine no rattle inside the maglite. BTW, I think this 5D bulb overdriven outthrows my US.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Originally posted by V8TOYOTATRK:
Yes, contact Electrolumens for it, it is about 1/4'' longer than 2D cells, but it fits fine no rattle inside the maglite. BTW, I think this 5D bulb overdriven outthrows my US.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">V8,

Sounds amazing. Have you run timed it yet? I'm holding off any more mod purchases until I can get incandescents with at least 1/2hr full or very bright & 2-3hrs "functionally" bright, or LEDS at least 4-5hr full or very bright & multiple hrs functionally bright.

My lights double as emergency lights and long burning non-rechargeables are very important to me.

Thanks,
Brightnorm

X-CalBR8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone tried one of these in a C Cell Mag yet or do they fit pretty snug in a D Cell Mag already?

TOB9595

Enlightened
X-CalBR8, The adapter fits perfectly in 2d mag with no rattle or roll.
smile.gif
They may well fit in c tho I don't know diameter of c. There seems room for the length as there's not a lot of spring compression in the D. The dimension of the adapter from Mr. Bulk is I think the other adapters are similar.
length is roughly
4.4 inches
11.1 cm
width is roughly
1.1 inch
2.65 cm
I know the mathfrom inch to cm doesn't work out but that's what I read on my half fast mic.