Found a great daypack for tall guys>>>

JohnnyB

Newly Enlightened
I've been looking for a day pack with a functional waist belt for years. I'm 6' tall, and have an old upper back injury that makes it impossible to carry any kind of weight on my shoulders for any length of time. This has not ever been a problem backpacking because my full size pack rides comfortably on my hips, but the vast majority of daypacks are too short to ride correctly and most people carry them hung from their shoulders anyway.

I was at LLBean picking up some supplies for my Son's Boy Scout camp when I decided to try on their Osprey pack. It was longer than usual and, while the shoulder straps do curve down my back, there is a seperate strap that attaches to the top of the pack making it ride just like a full size backpack.

Here is a comical photo of me on the BB range that shows the pack in place.

NavySEAL.jpg

I carried it continuously for 7 days in mid 90 degree temps with about 15 pounds in it and it was very comfortable. It has an internal plastic frame that keeps most of the pack off your back for good air flow.

I hope this thread was of some help to anyone in the same boat I was in.

carpdiem

Newly Enlightened
Very interesting!

As a tall guy myself (6'3") I've been long looking for a good daypack. About a week ago I came across a Deuter Trans Alpine 30 that I'm just loving.