Good old Murphy's Law (thought i lost my Fenix...)

MacTech

Enlightened
Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Earth, USA, New England
Two days ago, I reached into my pocket to find my Fenix L1 Lighthound Special, only to find it *gone*.....

"That's strange" I said to myself, "I usually take *much* better care of my nice flashlights, I probably left it in the car...."

(frantic search of car ensues, no flashlight found)
"maybe it rolled under the bed" (I usually keep it on the nightstand/computer table)

nope.....
"maybe it fell off the computer table and rolled under my storage bins"

nope....

"(sigh) I guess I truly did lose it, pity really, i *really* liked that little light, oh well, time to order an L1P from Lighthound, and *hope* i keep better track of *this* one...."

....I place an order for another Fenix, the L1P, as I really love it's balance of compact form factor, usable light, and easily obtained batteries

this afternoon, I stop into work (we're closed on the weekend) to put a Venus Flytrap in the breakroom and set up a light over it, as we have a fruit-fly problem, I want to see if a VFT will eat fruit flies....

as I walk by one of the computers I'm burning in over the weekend (logic board replacement), I move the work order off the keyboard, and what do I find?

My L1 Lighthound Special!!!, I *DIDN'T* lose it after all, must've needed it to illuminate the crevices of a computer then set it down and forgot to repocket it....

time to send Lighthound an e-mail to see if I can cancel the L1P order....

D'OH!, it's already been dropped off at UPS, oh well, since it's on the way, i'll just keep it anyway, after all, you can never have too many Fenixes (Fenii?)

I *KNEW* that as soon as I ordered a replacement L1, i'd find the old one.... good old Murphy's Law.....

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think Murphy's law is that someone else will find the first one and keep it, and then you'll lose the second one because it's not chained to your belt...

Chris201W

Enlightened
Glad you found your light! In my experience, the easiest way to find a lost item really is to buy a new one...works like a charm.

Kilted

Enlightened
Funny you should mention that. I almost lost my SF-U2 twice in one week. I do not carry it in a pants pocket, sometimes I do not have pockets. So it lives in a zip up pocket in my back pack. One time it was hiding under things turned a living room and car inside out. Next it was doing a hanging act peeking out of my back pack pocket, it could have droped out or some one could have grabbed it and I would not have noticed.

I added a lanyard some time ago and just noticed the pocket zipper goes the right way and i can loop the lanyard around the handle and drop the U2 in the pocket and zip up. Now it's tied down.

Really scared 'case as a carry around light it's real nice.

=D~~ Kilted

MacTech

Enlightened
Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Earth, USA, New England
mainly because i'm a cheap *******, and the L1P was less expensive, besides, it has *slightly* longer battery life than the L1T on "High"

i can also do the resistor trick with my original L1 to give it a high-low, with no more than the cost of a resistor....