Failed SF clickie: does the light still work?

stockae92

Enlightened
question for the people that has a failed SF clickie

does the light still works after the clickie failed?

can it be twist on/off? momentary?

Chris201W

Enlightened
I believe most SF clickies that fail either get stuck in the on position or the off position. Meaning, you can still click it, but it doesn't actually switch anything. If the switch is stuck in the off position, you're out of luck without opening up the switch and either fixing it or soldering two contacts together to make it permanent twisty. If it gets stuck in the on position, you can use it as a twisty.

BigBaller

Enlightened
When my L4 clickie malfs its only the constant on that wont engage, but the momentary on is always there. I've never had a problem with the larger size clickies.

stockae92

Enlightened
it would suck if the clickie got stuck at the off position which will result in a useless SF until the problem is fixed!

carrot

Flashaholic
When my clickie failed on my E1L it would only do momentary on. Following Beamhead's instruction, I managed to fix it, and it hasn't gotten stuck since.

Mach97

Newly Enlightened
BigBaller said:
When my L4 clickie malfs its only the constant on that wont engage, but the momentary on is always there. I've never had a problem with the larger size clickies.

"Larger size clickies" on SureFire flashlights?

Or what are you referring to as having the larger size click switches...?

I'm researching flashlights along this line ...........

carrot

Flashaholic
Mach97 said:
"Larger size clickies" on SureFire flashlights?
Surefire makes optional clickies for the C-size flashlights (G2/6P/9P, Z2/C2/C3) and also for use on M-series lights -- namely the well-known SW02, which all appear to be much more robust.