A BadBoy's way to Germany

Ralf

Enlightened
A BadBoy\'s way to Germany

Wayne sent me a BB500 and some Accessories at
20th Decemeber. Since then I looked every morning at the mailbox. Yesterday my wife called me at work that there is a notification from the customs that I could pick up my post at the customs office.

I quit work *very* early and cycled to the office to pick it up. The officer wants to know exactly whats that little thing is looked a bit weired after I explained it to him. After I did my tax and custum payment I happyly took it at home.

After installing it and playing around a little I think in comparison to my opalec mod its not much brighter in the near field, but using it outside the badboy rules.

Therefore I think I have now two very good mods for my 2AA's with very different uses. One for short high output illumination and the other one for long lasting (low) output illumination.

Thanks Wayne a lot for shipping to Germany!
Cheers
Ralf

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: A BadBoy\'s way to Germany

Cheers... now you have a light with dual options..

Maybe you should get a holster where you can put either module in, use the badboy for when you need bright light, when you either need low level light or the batteries are nearly dead, switch to opalec, a switch that you can make in less than 1 min if you are used to it. That's versertility...

Brotherscrim

Enlightened

I don't think that would work out in the long run.

The plastic piece that the Opalec fits into has two very small, loosely-fit metal pieces that make contact with the 2 pins of the Opalec/standard *ini*ag bulb that are bound to disappear in the process of changing modules.

Ralf

Enlightened

IMHO I think I am quite happy with two different
Flashlights housing the two mods ...

Cheers Ralf