Will a Strion bulb fit a Brinkmann Legend LX without a mod?

JRS7

Newly Enlightened
Wanting to change my Legend LX to a rechargable, got advice to put in a bi-pin Strion bulb, and a 17670 rechargable battery. John at Lighthound says he's don't know if the bulb will fit without doing a mod.

Can anyone confirm that a Strion bulb will plug right in where the Brinkmann bulb comes out? It's a bi-pin just like the Strion......

Thanks in advance for any help.

JRS7

LiteFan

Enlightened
JRS7 said:
Wanting to change my Legend LX to a rechargable, got advice to put in a bi-pin Strion bulb, and a 17670 rechargable battery. John at Lighthound says he's don't know if the bulb will fit without doing a mod.

Can anyone confirm that a Strion bulb will plug right in where the Brinkmann bulb comes out? It's a bi-pin just like the Strion......

Thanks in advance for any help.

JRS7

I don't think it will fit but can be done http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=118528

JRS7

Newly Enlightened
That looks pretty good on the link, but it's a Maxfire not a Legend LX like mine. I can't see any possible way that the bulb socket on the Legend LX can come out of the light, I assume it's different than the Maxfire??

D MacAlpine

Newly Enlightened
You can remove the socket from the Legend LX reasonably easily. It's held in by a clip inside.

Removal is described in this article on FLR.

I don't know if the modded Streamlight sockets will fit in an LX or not. The easiest rechargeable mod may be to use a P60 type lamp assembly as described in that article. Some choices are compared here.
AW is now offering this too.

Hope that helps a bit. Someone else may be able to say whether or not the socket you've been looking at will fit.

Don