What should I call a flashlight with no formal name?

What should I name a flashlight with no formal name?

• Corona Blaster

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Corona Destroyer

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Yugoth Blaster

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
In the past, I have received two modified flashlights that had no formal names, so I gave them names.
I called one flashlight the "Terra Destroyer" (green Luxeon V) and another the "Positron Laser" (blue-green Luxeon V).
So, should I receive another flashlight like this, what should I name it?

I have three names so far:

Corona Blaster
Corona Destroyer
Yugoth Blaster

Which name should I use?

B@rt

Flashaholic
Why not just give it a descriptive name like "(insert color here) Lux V modded (insert donorlight name here)" ? :shrug:
Names like "Posistron Laser" when the only thing in common with a laser is they both are using diode-based photon emitters seem a bit farfetched and incorrect. :thinking:

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it's a modification to an existing light (solitaire mod for example) you owe it to the original manufacturer to include their name or the model name in the title you bestow upon your creation. After all, you couldn't do it without them. if however, you used a lathe on a solid block of aluminum (or aluminium) and designed all the circuits bulbs (emiters) then you get to name it what you want.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
B@rt said:
Creative can be fun, but specially since it is an unfamiliar name it is somewhat obfuscating to say the least. :candle:
The names I chose (and the ones I named the two flashlights with already) are names of attacks launched by the digimon on the TV cartoon "Digimon".

Terra Destroyer is Blackwargreymon's attack (season 2).
Positron Laser is Imperialdramon's attack (season 2).
Corona Blaster and Corona Destroyer are Beezelmon's attacks (season 3).
Yugoth Blaster is Grani's attack (season 3).

That should help at least in a very minor way to alleviate obfuscation. :)
When a product has a catchy name, it is likely to be more popular. :thumbsup:

B@rt

Flashaholic
Hmmm, I dunno Craig, I only know Digimon because you talk about it/them, (I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one), so it doesn't do much in de-obfuscating it for me... :(

schrenz

Enlightened
The only thing I know: Don't choose yugoth blaster, it sounds like the terrible yugo cars:lolsign:

allthatwhichis

Enlightened
Do you eat paint chips while you watch that shitte??? :grin2: I'm not sure which rots your brain more, but, I'm sure they both do... :bumpit: You didn't name that blue argon did you?

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
allthatwhichis said:
Do you eat paint chips while you watch that shitte??? :grin2: I'm not sure which rots your brain more, but, I'm sure they both do... :bumpit: You didn't name that blue argon did you?
Aww man, that's screwed up... :green: :awman: :green:
I've been watching Digimon since it first came out, and I don't think my brain is rotten yet. ;)

No, I didn't name that blue argon laser, because it's already been named. :)

I could have just as easly chosen Harpoon Torpedo (Ikkakumon, season 1), Fire Rocket (Flamedramon, season 2), or Pyrosphere (Guilmon, season 3), but I wanted a name with the word "Destroyer" or "Blaster" in it. After all, there already is an Elektro Blaster. :thumbsup:

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
schrenz said:
The only thing I know: Don't choose yugoth blaster, it sounds like the terrible yugo cars:lolsign:
Funny, I was actually leaning heavily toward that name...I just wanted to put out some antennae ("feelers") here on CPF to see what I should name the next unnamed flashlight I receive.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
B@rt said:
Hmmm, I dunno Craig, I only know Digimon because you talk about it/them, (I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one), so it doesn't do much in de-obfuscating it for me... :(
I guess they only show Digimon in north America and probably Japan; where it originated (it's "anime" or "Japanimation"). Not very likely to be seen outside these two areas of the planet.

MoonRise

Enlightened
George. Call it George. It's a fine name.

Or Fred. Joe, Igor, Tom, ****, or Harry.

If it's pink, you can name it Jane, Mary, Loiuse, etc.

Since it's all arbitrary, it makes about as much sense as naming it for a Digimon attack mode.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I decided to change the name of the "Positron Laser" to the "Yugoth Blaster" (pronounced "YOU'goth"), leaving important instructions for the viewer to use the old name when searching CPF for it.
So I'll be calling the next nameless flashlight that comes in the "Corona Blaster".

Last edited:

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
cyberhobo said:
How about: Master Blaster

allthatwhichis said:
:poke:
That's a transformer... wrong era. :grin2:

Actually Master Blaster was one (ok, two) of the characters from Madmax beyond thunderdome...

The_LED_Museum said:
I guess they only show Digimon in north America and probably Japan; where it originated (it's "anime" or "Japanimation"). Not very likely to be seen outside these two areas of the planet.

Digimon was shown here in the netherlands too, but always remained in the shadows of pokemon. But digimon continued after pokemon went off the air. Sad to say that it never really caught on, as pokemons place was quickly filled by Yu-gi-oh, Beyblade and b-daman...

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
They still show Digimon on ABC Family on basic cable, Saturday mornings. Not that I'm into that kinda stuff.:)
Hey, atleast you aren't calling it "The Hamtaro".
How about SOL, from Akira? That big laser satellite they shoot Tetsuo with...?
Atleast it's sticking with cartoons.

If not, I vote Eugene.

Status
Not open for further replies.