Black Moon LTD
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extreme use of lights.W/PICs&Video.POST YOURS!

Default Extreme use of lights.W/PICs&Video.POST YOURS!

The last guy is me!
    Last edited by Barbarin; 09-08-2006 at 01:10 PM.
    Fiat lux

Flashaholic

Default Re: Extreme use of flashlights. With PICs

Cool. What part of the world are those caves in?

Did you have to bring a giant waterproof bag full of spare cells?

Flashaholic

Cool pics! But I'm not convinced you have enough lights there! (seriously...)
    --Vic
    6P, 712-L headlamp, TM-310H, Fenix L1P and L1DCE, RR 4AA lantern, Krill green 180, Huntlight FT02xj, Bear Cub, 3 MAGled 2D's, E+Lite, Zipka, Novatac 85T.

Flashaholic*

Aha, about 100 bars left as far as I can see on your pressure guage - Following the "rule of thirds" you must be on your way back to the entrance right?

I've had my U15 with me on the last couple of dives, so I updated my mini review: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...87#post1532487
    Jan

*Flashaholic*

super cooool pic's, barbo lights in action!

thanks for sharing...

Jan, you are right, I was about to go out. Looking at the position and configuration of tubes you can see that it is not my usual equipment.

Pics were taken at
    http://empresas.servicios.retecal.es/rioseras/espeleobuceo/pozoazul.htm and http://empresas.servicios.retecal.es/rioseras/espeleobuceo/barbancho.htm

Both in Burgos, Spain.

Javier
    Fiat lux

Default Re: Extreme use of flashlights,with PICs.POST YOURS!

so basically what's extreme about these is simply using them underwater? there are so many other luxeon lights that are dive rated or waterproof at half the price...

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by x2x3x2
    so basically what's extreme about these is simply using them underwater? there are so many other luxeon lights that are dive rated or waterproof at half the price...
    For my part I would call cave diving extreme.
    And he said extreme use not abuse.

Nice pics!

No one ever said everyone has a need for a Barbolight. In fact, people have said exactly the opposite. The best is never inexpensive. For land torches, it could be argued that Surefire gets the honor. For water, i'd say Barbolight and Tektite.
    The shadows are darkest during the day.

That hears very interesting, so please show us a few which are comparable to Barbolights.

Best regards

____
    Tom

I'd say cave diving is one of the more extreme applications for flashlights. Underwater, often very cold temperatures, rough treatment (rock contact guaranteed ) ... What would you call extreme use?
    As I said before, I never repeat myself.

*Flashaholic*

Ok... not as extreme, but ti pd in an corrosive enviroment

Used during military days and exploring with my good singapore CPFers.
    I rather have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

what the hell is those things in your hand. (other then your flashlight of course)

Quote Originally Posted by cy
    Ok... not as extreme, but ti pd in an corrosive enviroment

*Flashaholic*

wood ashes..

Quote Originally Posted by AtomSphere
    what the hell is those things in your hand. (other then your flashlight of course)

My Streamlight 3C Luxeon has seen some hard use in caves

Stock Mag lens dont fair so well

~John

Quote Originally Posted by AtomSphere

Used during military days and exploring with my good singapore CPFers.

I believe that is "my" light your showing pictures of...

Gordon aka:skillet
    I DO NOT HAVE...
    AURORAPHOBIA, OR EOSOPHOBIA, OR EREUTHOBPHOBIA, OR ERYTHROPHOBIA, OR ERYTOPHOBIA, OR PHENGOPHOBIA, OR PHOTOAUGLIAPHOBIA, PHOTOPHOBIA, OR SELAPHOBIA..

Whilst the Fliklite was Current I enjoyed a little bit of extreme punishments (The Fliklite that is )
    1st Pic the M@g did not do to well under the Russian T64 Tank, The Flik still worked although a little scared. Bear in mind the 1st Fliklites had a wall thickness of 7mm. I have a movie somewhere
    2nd Pic Again due to wall thickness FLik could with stand heat well.
    3rd Pic Flik was the only light I can thing of that you could turn on & off whilst frozen in a block of ice. Use Full Hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flik was never so extreme to try caving
    www.Lummi.co.uk
    Email (No Pm's) Please lummii@gmail.com

I haven't done anything too extreme, but lots of lights in my collection have pretty hairy pasts. Frequently involving attitude adjustment and personality correction, plus a high speed chase or two.
    Do something alone and it's weird, do it with others and it's a club.

Noto en algunos comentarios puestos por ciertos individuos envidia, primero por no poder estar alli... A mi parecer, y tambien por no poder tener para comprar esas costosas linternas... la envidia mata... pobre de ellos...

Men cool pics, thanks for share that incredible experience... i hope to have this opportunity...

Before some one asking me what i say in spanish...

I notice in some commentaries put by certain individuals envies, first by not being able to be there... To my to seem, and also by not being able to have to buy those expensive lanterns... envies poor bush... of them...
    Peace...
    Zebralight Spark Princeton Inova Petzl Maglite Bushnell 4 XM-L MagMod and a lot of Cree XM-L Lights Nitecore i4 Intellicharger Intl-outdoor 3400 Panasonic 3100 Bare and protected Samsung 3000 Sanyo 2600
    Please, respect the planet, dont kill animals...

my lights havent really seen any extreme use, just normal use on duty as a security guard

my girlfriend's magcharger has been used for a percussive attitude realignment on an offender.

i havent needed to whack anyone with a light yet.
    flashlight collector by day
    flashlight user by night

x2x3x2. Thank you for your kind words.

I wil try to explain you why a Barbolight is different to those " so many other luxeon lights that are..."

1. One thing is waterproof, another is dive rated.

2. Among the dive rated that cost half there are just a few that will stand -200 m.

3. Among those, there is no one:

a. Mil.Spec HAIII, certified finishing.
    b. Using top quality optics, that are in fact more expensive than selected diodes.
    c. Coming with quality trasnport case, holster, batteries, charger.
    d. Made to stand the conditions regarding transit drop published on Mil. Std . 810 F. book.
    e. With tactical pushbutton.
    f. Individually serial numbered.

And many other characteristics....

ORB... WOW! Impressive pics.

Echo63 "percussive attitude realignment ".

Chanchung. Muchas gracias. Yo tambien a veces veo muy mala leche por aquí... (Thank you. I also can feel sometimes naughty attitudes)
    Last edited by Barbarin; 09-08-2006 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Adding translation to english (in red)
    Fiat lux

Quote Originally Posted by skillet
    I believe that is "my" light your showing pictures of...

Gordon aka:skillet
    yup! its now owned by you and your present should be coming in a few days (depends on how hardworking the postal guys are)

Please forgive my poor packing skills

Quote Originally Posted by orb
    Whilst the Fliklite was Current I enjoyed a little bit of extreme punishments (The Fliklite that is )
    1st Pic the M@g did not do to well under the Russian T64 Tank, The Flik still worked although a little scared. Bear in mind the 1st Fliklites had a wall thickness of 7mm. I have a movie somewhere
    2nd Pic Again due to wall thickness FLik could with stand heat well.
    3rd Pic Flik was the only light I can thing of that you could turn on & off whilst frozen in a block of ice. Use Full Hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flik was never so extreme to try caving
    orb! thats some crazy torture(especially the flame test). Has it also went under the tank?
    Last edited by AtomSphere; 09-07-2006 at 11:55 AM.

Princeton Tec Yukon HL / Surefire E2e

Abandoned natural gas storage tunnel, 400' underground.

Flashaholic*

Muddy fun!
    Light is the activity of what is transparent - Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by Barbarin
    Chanchung. Muchas gracias. Yo tambien a veces veo muy mala leche por aquí...
    Sabian que es mal educado hablar en otra idioma en frente de gente que no lo hablan? Si no les gusta aqui, supongo que hay otros lugares en el internet donde puedan ir.

In English: "Did you know it's not very nice to speak in another language in front of people who don't speak it? If you guys don't like it here, I suppose there are other places in the internet where you can go."

Thank you mchlwise, post edited and translation added.

After 430 posts this one has been the first time I have written a phrase in spanish.

Furthermore, I don't know if you are christian, but sometimes Bible is interesting too for anybody.

MATTHEW 18:15-17 -- "Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as a heathen man and a publican."

And using your own words...Did you know that this website has already its administrators and moderators? If you don't like it here, I suppose there are other places in the internet where you can go.

Regards,

Javier

BTW, this is my suggestion to support CPF.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...44#post1575844
    Last edited by Barbarin; 09-08-2006 at 07:38 AM.
    Fiat lux

Thank you mchlwise, post edited and translation added.

After 430 posts this one has been the first time I have written a phrase in spanish.

Furthermore, I don't know if you are christian, but sometimes Bible is interesting too for anybody.

MATTHEW 18:15-17 -- "Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as a heathen man and a publican."

Are you trying to tell me I should have taken care of it by PM'ing you and not posting publicly? That's something you guys should have thought of before publicly criticizing a board in a language most of them can't understand. If you're going to criticize publicly, you deserve to be criticized publicly.

And using your own words...Did you know that this website has already its administrators and moderators? If you don't like it here, I suppose there are other places in the internet where you can go.
    I'm perfectly aware that the site has admins and moderators. My comment regarding your (and Chanchung's) rudeness has nothing to do with them, and the fact that they didn't comment or take action against your posts does not endorse your posts as being accurate, right, or anything else. Just because they didn't step in, doesn't make what you did any less inconsiderate. Neither does it take away my right to comment on your rudeness.

If I didn't like it here, I wouldn't be here. I have no problem with the site or (most of) the people on it. Which is why I haven't ever criticized it, or them. Especially in a language they can't understand.

My point was (and still is):If you're going to be arrogant and criticize and look down on the people here by stating that they're just jealous because they can't be where you've been and call them poor by stating that they can't afford to have your flashlight, and say it in front of their faces but in a language they can't understand, then maybe you should find somewhere else to hang out.

*Flashaholic*

chill time....

don't ever remember Javier ever being rude and he's contributed greatly to knowledge base of cpf.

here's a pic of internals of a barbolight. what you don't see is the very_carefully thought out heat path.

note the solid copper heatsink three luxeons are mounted on.

mchlwise, definetively CPF and the whole world need watchman as you.

1. I did already translated that part.

2. Your are not telling the truth: I have not criticized this board, and in fact never have done it in more than five years. I have paid banner adds, contributed with post, and nowadays I'm paying the CPF Supporting Manufacturer icon. I just criticized some attitudes from some people that knows how to write and how to respond, I don't think they called you to defend them.

3. Again, this forum has already administrators and moderators. If you see something you don't like, or you think any of the people here shouldn't be, why don't you contact them? Is there a new role, such as CPF Sheriff?

3. Why don't you talk about "flashlights and extreme use of them", which is in fact the name of the thread I started? I suggest you to use The Cafe of the underground to start a thread "Arrogant people I don't like"

Your spanish is quite good, why don't you use it to make friends instead of other purposes?

And if you allow me to do so I will keep on writting about flashlights.

BTW, Thanks CY!!
    Last edited by Barbarin; 09-08-2006 at 09:47 AM.
    Fiat lux