McR27-L in C2 head with E2C

marcdilnutt

Enlightened
I am so frustrated! I spent my break at work today filing and sanding
down a McR27-L to fit in a C2 head with a view to making a custom UWOJ/Flupic module for an L4 only to find that with the new reflector in i cant fit the E2C on. I know i should have measured it first but i didnt, so i am wondering if anyone has any idea of a different reflector i can try rather than turn this one down more? marc

Last edited:

marcdilnutt

Enlightened
Ok, I have finally finished this mod and i love it. After massive amounts of work with a file and wet & dry i got the reflector to fit amost perfectly. Teamed up with a UXOJ running at 1000mA it is one hell of a thrower, and nice and compact on an L4 body. A McE2s 30 ohm finishes it off nicely. I have a few pics i will post if someone can point me in the direction of how to do it.
Thanks in advance,
marc

wquiles

Flashaholic
PICTURES - WE NEED PICTURES !!!

:naughty:

I can host them for you if you like. Email them to: wquiles [at] hotmail {dot} com

Will

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
marcdilnutt said:
Ok, I have finally finished this mod and i love it. After massive amounts of work with a file and wet & dry i got the reflector to fit amost perfectly. Teamed up with a UXOJ running at 1000mA it is one hell of a thrower, and nice and compact on an L4 body. A McE2s 30 ohm finishes it off nicely. I have a few pics i will post if someone can point me in the direction of how to do it.
Thanks in advance,
marc

Congrats to your work:goodjob:

But now show us the pictures:rock:

Best regards

___
Tom

marcdilnutt

Enlightened
wquiles said:
PICTURES - WE NEED PICTURES !!!

:naughty:

I can host them for you if you like. Email them to: wquiles [at] hotmail {dot} com

Will

Pictures sent by email. Thanks for hosting them for me Will.
marc

wquiles

Flashaholic
Here are the pictures, hosted out of my site:

DSC00087.JPG

DSC00089.JPG

DSC00090.JPG

DSC00092.JPG

marcdilnutt

Enlightened
Thanks, it took ages to get that reflector right but it is now my favourite light. The McR27L is an amazing reflector, it throws so well! I think a Flupic upgrade should be next now though. I also took the clip off and put two red tritium vials in there as a location aid.
marc

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
The reflector sits right on top of the LE, or do you space the LE away from the reflector a little for best beam? Also, how do you position LE so it maintains stability inside head/E2D?

Bill

marcdilnutt

Enlightened
Bullzeyebill said:
The reflector sits right on top of the LE, or do you space the LE away from the reflector a little for best beam? Also, how do you position LE so it maintains stability inside head/E2D?

Bill

The reflector sits right on top of the LE, the beam is pretty nice like that with no visible donut hole and a nice tight hotspot. I really dont think it would be worth shimming the reflector away, but i might give it a go. What sort of distance would we be talking? Less than 1mm? The E2C is threaded on the inside to take the E series threads so the LE just screws straight in there with a bit of thermal compound. It gives a really nice thermal path straight into the body and head.
marc

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very, very nice! :thumbsup:

I've got a 27LT mounted in a G2 with FLuPIC module. The G2 is actually a wee bit larger inner diameter and the 27LT slips inside nicely. Of course, it's nice to get the thing into that C2 head! Good job! :)

marcdilnutt

Enlightened
milkyspit said:
Very, very nice! :thumbsup:

I've got a 27LT mounted in a G2 with FLuPIC module. The G2 is actually a wee bit larger inner diameter and the 27LT slips inside nicely. Of course, it's nice to get the thing into that C2 head! Good job! :)

It was your thread that inspired me to do this mod actually milky, so big thanks go out to you!! I have some bits for sale in custom/mod and after they go i will be in touch about your M180 M3. Sounds rather good but i need an M3 to house it!!
marc

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok as I mentioned in the other thread I want this! Specifically the whole setup of the LED module, and reflector to fit in a C/P series head. Whos' up for making these?

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
KDOG3 said:
Ok as I mentioned in the other thread I want this! Specifically the whole setup of the LED module, and reflector to fit in a C/P series head. Whos' up for making these?

Er, I could build you one... not sure how much it would end up costing... and it would be easiest if I had the whole light to size things to. Anyway, PM me if interested, Dog!
:thinking:

Latest posts