Olympia Products

Thread: National Geographic Documentary - Batteries

Default National Geographic Documentary - Batteries

I am working on a new documentary about how flashlights, batteries and light bulbs are made for the National Geographic Channel. Specifically, we are interested in unique batteries and light bulbs. We would like to see the anatomy of batteries and bulbs. We are also interested in seeing collections or testing of batteries or bulbs including any that are homemade. Please respond if this is something you are interested in or have information on.

Thanks.

Default Re: National Geographic Documentary - Batteries

If you haven't already seen it, here are some facinating facts about a very unique and expensive "bulb":

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...highlight=imax

Also, for exhaustive battery information go to:

http://www.batteryuniversity.com/

Hope this helps and good wishes on your project,
    Bill

SilverFox and Newbie are our resident battery experts (I probably left somebody else out).
    For "bulbs", bwaites, js, and fivemega come to mind first.

Flashaholic*

That sounds very interesting. I'd sure be interested in how the National Geographic Channel has their flashlights, batteries, and light bulbs made for them. Additionally, I think it would be interesting to find out why products that are already available in the retail and industrial markets would not suit the needs of the National Geographic Channel.

While you did avoid the subject the last time you were asked, perhaps you could also address the reason for the deviation from the content that is currently consistent with the National Geographic Channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashlight Doc
    I am working on a new documentary about how flashlights, batteries and light bulbs are made for the National Geographic Channel.