looking for rechargeable batts for my surefires

snapper

Newly Enlightened
I have an e2l and a g2 and an e2e. I would like to make the switch to rechargeables.. But i have read and read but am so confused. Do the rechargeables work as good? run time and brightness? Do the bats hold up and last a long time?(lots of recharges) And how about a cut and dry, point to a website, to axactly what i would need to buy??? Iam really interested in switching over, but am clueless as to where to start. I have read and read but am lost.. So any pointers??

later chris

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since you asked for "pointers", thought I should respond (a little avatar joke there :laughing: )

Your LED SF (E2L) and your incands (the other 2) are different kettles of fish. Can't speak to the latter, but in the E2L I had, I loved my protected R123As and charger from CPFer AW: http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=97268

Can see a photo here: (see post #4) http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=89775

Yes to all: comparable to CR123 primary cells as far as brightness & runtime, and they'll re-charge so many times you'll have a hard time wearing them out.

As to your other lights, you might want to PM AW as to what, if any, rechargeable cells are compatible with them. AW is great---very knowledgeable and will answer your PMs promptly.

Last edited:

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your E2L is an LED and will work great with one protected AW 17670 or one protected Pila 600s li-on rechargable battery. I use these in mine. You will see no difference in brightness or runtime. The only thing you should know is that once these rechargable batteries are out of juice the protection circuit will shut them down/off without warning. One minute it is lit up, the next it is off. This is unlike using two regular CR123 batteries where they dim considerably and give you some indication that the batteries are run down before going out.

Your E2e and G2 are incandescent bulbs and do not lend themselves very well to rechargable batteries. The only option I see is for your G2. You can replace he P60 lamp assembly with a P90 lamp assembly and power it with two R123 batteries. These would be the 3.7 volt li-on rechargable 123's.

I think you are better served by using the rechargables in the E2L with regular CR123's for backup. I also think you should stick to regular CR123's for your E2e and G2.