I hate you all. "Sob" "Snif"

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
:drunk: My name is Hogokansatsukan, and I'm a flashaholic. It's been three hours since I last purchased an illumination tool.
(Everyone): "Hi Hog"

I've been lurking in the shadows for some time now. (Fortunately I could still see in the shadows as I have my flashlight with me)

In the last few days, I have done more terrible things to my bank account than can be imagined. I have purchased 7 new lights, 3 drop in LEDs, and... I'm just ashamed of myself. (At least I don't have to sit in the dark).

However, I'm not accountable for my actions. It was you terrible people with your sadistic knowledge and demonic information that led (LED) me to do it.

I thought my life was safe and sound from such horrible temptation. I had my 8 Surefires, and that was good. It should have been enough. Now, I find myself sitting in the desert heat waiting for the postman to deliver my Fenix P1, L1T MM, L2T, and HDS EDC 60 GT.

I'm weak. (Probably because I can't afford food or drink now and no doubt the bank is going to be upset when I don't pay the mortgage)

For a long time, I thought I was the only one with this cursed flashlight addiction. I see I am not alone.

Great forum guys and gals!

Maybe I'll post some more, if my computer doesn't get repossessed for non-payment. Ack! I have to pay my internet provider... maybe they will let me slide for a month or two.

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to the Forum. Nice first post. In actuality though, we've heard this story before. :lolsign: :laughing:

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
You know you are in trouble when you openly debate (to yourself, of course) whether to pick up that SF L6 Porky or pay for your child's tuition. :)

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let me temper your temptations, my child.......by posting this:

polishtipdpt2.jpg

:devil: Say goodbye to your wallet..... there's no turning back....

Glad you can join us!

:thumbsup: WP

Illum

Flashaholic
welcome to the forum :wave: Hogokansatsukan!

um..Wave Particle...you might lead him to bankruptcy if you introduce mcluxes, you realize thats a huge finiancial footprint to most of us?:grin2:

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wave Particle!
What is it?! What is it?!
I NEED one of those! My Kids can pay their own way to college!
I have to have one of those!
This isn't about want...It's a need!
Mcluxes? Sell the car! Sell the children! Where do I buy one!
I need to call a counselor.

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast
That dang WP, he not only owns the best, he takes photos that are so good it looks like you could pick it up right off your screen! :ohgeez:

Leave now or abandon all hope...

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast
.....and if you see this, RUN AWAY!!!!!!

l6prw6.jpg

This is the Porky that Chronos mentioned about.....
Ok...I think I've done enough damage....
I'll leave you alone with your wallet now.

:grin2: WP

Illum

Flashaholic
Wave particle...:ohgeez:

if you have havent convinced him that he needs a porky you sure convinced some of us....now how much does my car worth.....:laughing:

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll take two of each.
Now, how much can I get for my wife?
Quick! Blind her with the M6 so she can't read this!

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
:bow::bow::bow:
Let there be a moment of silence...

Thank you.

WAVE_PARTICLE said:
.....and if you see this, RUN AWAY!!!!!!

l6prw6.jpg

This is the Porky that Chronos mentioned about.....
Ok...I think I've done enough damage....
I'll leave you alone with your wallet now.

:grin2: WP

bfg9000

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just in: as many men suffer from compulsive shopping as women.

Perhaps flashaholism can get listed in the DSM V due in 2010?

I should point out that any effective treatment would likely be far more expensive and leave you less happy than simply continuing to feed the addiction to buying flashlights (especially if you trade up to ever better ones on B/S/T rather than collecting them like stamps), so enjoy!

The nice thing about such an addiction is you actually end up with some nice tools to show for it (like that Porcupine) rather than a whole lot of nothing as in most addictions. And don't worry about what you will do when you get the Porcupine, because by then there will be even nicer lights.