Nokia n93

PhantomZ

Enlightened
i'm thinking of getting a new cell phone. at first, i made up my mind for the n80 but then the n93 came out! has anyone bought this phone yet and can give some first hand review. like battery life on a day use on all or most of the funtions, can the light be turned on and used like a flashlight, kinda like the nokia 5140, and anything that the a google search for reviews doesnt mention. i know the n93 is expencive and a bit chunky (my nokia 6620 is big already) but i love the 3.2mp camera and DVD like quality for video. i prefer a chocolate bar phone but i'm sure i can live with a chunkyflip (n93) then a slide (n80). i'm willing to give up my Ti light to pay for this new toy.

PhantomZ

Enlightened
though i do admit that some sony ericsson phones are good looking and with lots of functions i think, i'm a nokia guy. been so since i got my first phone over 6 years ago. the OS is what i like the most. my friend is a sony ericsson guy. as for the sony HD DV cam. i'm not going to lug that thing around. i'm looking for a cellphone to use and all the other functions are just for fun. it does the same as everything else but in a much more compact size with more functions. it may or may not have the same quality as a higher end digicam or video cam only device, but what do you expect? its just a cellphone after all. if i'm a hardcore photographer, into movie directing or whatever then i would of course buy a video camera and/or digicam seperate for those purpose. kinda like a swiss champ knife and a kitchen knife.

i've already read what i can find on google and played with the online demo. i'm looking for a first hand, customer's review. a person thats also using the phone (at least more then a year) cause he needs a good cell with tons of features.

thanks guys for posting :)

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
PhantomZ said:
though i do admit that some sony ericsson phones are good looking and with lots of functions i think, i'm a nokia guy. been so since i got my first phone over 6 years ago.

Well, I used to be a Siemens guy, then I got a Nokia, I became a Nokia Guy. Nokia just kicked Siemens @ss. I got a Siemens again later, but quickly traded it for another Nokia. But then I got a Sony Ericsson... And I can truly say that I will never ever go back to Nokia if they keep doing what they are doing now... I never heard so much complaints about Nokia until they released the N-series (I work at a phone company).
From what I've seen so far, the buildquality of the Sony Ericsson phones is also a bit better than Nokia.

Just try them both in real life, then make up your mind. I'm sure there will be some phonefreaks among the people you know who have these phones, just ask them if you can play with the phones for a bit....

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 for http://www.gsmarena.com :) but -1 for N93

just have to be careful for the weekest point of the phone where it joins the three points together... my friend broke it when it fell down... u gotta be careful...

I am also a nokia guy :) they are very reliable... best are the candybar phones...

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
MayCooper said:
Well, I used to be a Siemens guy, then I got a Nokia, I became a Nokia Guy. Nokia just kicked Siemens @ss. I got a Siemens again later, but quickly traded it for another Nokia. But then I got a Sony Ericsson... And I can truly say that I will never ever go back to Nokia if they keep doing what they are doing now... I never heard so much complaints about Nokia until they released the N-series (I work at a phone company).
From what I've seen so far, the buildquality of the Sony Ericsson phones is also a bit better than Nokia.

Just try them both in real life, then make up your mind. I'm sure there will be some phonefreaks among the people you know who have these phones, just ask them if you can play with the phones for a bit....

Yep N series not so very well made (perhaps made in 'those' conditions you know where ;) )

Sony Ericsson have good phones... features are good.. but lack quality of candybar Nokia's.