batteryjunction protected batteries

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
pluses: work great in my u2, and i detect absolutely no loss in brightness. Charges fast, and easy. No rattle in my u2 unless i knock on it as if i were knocking on a door. REALLY CHEAP.

minuses: the top is flat, and doesnt protrude from the battery, so if your light doesnt have a spring on the head, the + end probably wont make contact. Gets warm in charger. Sorta wide- wont work in pm6 3w.

overall: great buy... really cheap, and work GREAT in my u2, actually the cheapest protected 18650s around, and high quality. also, i detect no difference in any of the stages at all. I no longer see any reason to use primaries.

-David

Last edited:

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use these batts in my Wolf-Eyes M90/9V LA. Works flawlessly. Great price, so why not pick up an extra set? They are a bit wider than AW's cells, and may not work in every application, like my FT01 Huntlight.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought four :) and i'm glad i did... now all i need is another light that will work on these.... preferable a incand with huge throw. also, if i put put 2 of them in a light together, i dont think the positive end will touch the other batteries negetive.

-david

Last edited:

cd-card-biz

Enlightened
Phaserburn said:
and may not work in every application, like my FT01 Huntlight.

Phaserbun - Are you saying that these cells do not work in your FT01? I have an FT01 on the way and was just about to order some more 18650's from Batteryjunction to use in it. Your reply on this could save me some problems. Thanks in advance.

Bill

HiltiHome

Enlightened
Just measured both my FT01: id is 18,5mm.
batteryjunction 18500 are advertised: 18,2mm
if that is true, they should fit.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
these batts are really wide... they dont fit in anything other than my u2.

-David

cd-card-biz

Enlightened
Thanks for the information. I guess I'll wait until the FT01 arrives and check it for sure.

I think the Batteryjunction sale is until 08/31 so there is probably time.

Thanks,
Bill

HiltiHome

Enlightened
cheapo said:
these batts are really wide... they dont fit in anything other than my u2.

-David

Could you please measure how wide your batterys actually are.

BTW: no need to use protected cells in FT01, as soon as the cells comes close to 3,0V the light is getting dim, so you clearly notice that it's time to change battery.

cd-card-biz

Enlightened
Thanks Phaserburn. I'll wait for the FT01 (should have been here long ago), then try AW's 18650 in it.

Cheers!

cd-card-biz

Enlightened
Phaserburn said:
Correct. The Batteryjunction cells do NOT fit my FT01. They DO fit my Wolf Eyes M90.

Just received my FT01 and the protected Batteryjunction 18650 cells fit just fine, particularly when loaded from the head-end. Easy to remove too.

Wonder if they changed the FT01 design slightly?

Bill