Ghost of Orilamme Canyon

spacetroll

Newly Enlightened
I posted this story on a hunting forum and figured since my MagCharger was involved I would post here, thought ya'll might enjoy.

Several years back my buddy and I were on a quail hunt/camp trip. We hunted the afternoon then settled into our normal routine of dinner and beers around the fire. Just before dusk we saw a boy scout troup hiking up the canyon that split from ours to the north. They did this a lot, there is a place to park a few miles to the east down the wash and they hike a few miles, set camp and leave in the morning. Around 11 that night we're standing around the fire dipping and spittin and smoking(cigars) and drinkin when we hear someone walking up the road. We quit talking and I light up the road off camp about 30 yards with my MagCharger and it's an old man in a tattered cowboy hat with long gray hair and beard walking along with a green backpack and walking staff with feathers hanging off it. He quietly walks by looking straight ahead never looking at us or even acknowledging us. Oh well, we have been known to venture out in the middle of the night and I have friends that will actually take a half hour walk when they get up in the middle of the night to take a whiz. He must be with the boy scouts and wanted some alone time, we think nothing of it.
The next morning while packing up camp we see a convoy of 3 sheriffs rigs and a fish and game truck driving up the road that leads up the canyon the boys scouts hiked up. We are obviously curious so we pack the truck and decide to drive down our canyon and up theirs to head out, the two meet at the top anyway. When we get to the scout camp all the kids were either in the sheriffs trucks or around them, a few looked very upset and crying. Theres a body in a sleeping bag on a pad but covered about 8 feet from the fire pit. Neatly placed near the body were boots a tattered old cowboy hat, green backpack and walking staff with feathers hanging from the top end.

A sheriff walks up to us and we inquire and ask if theres anything we can help with. No he says, one of their scout leaders died in his sleep. We tell him the story from the night before and offer that his late night trek may have done him in, he looks a little spooked and says the entire crew except the other leader tucked in around 10 and he went to bed at midnight saying the old man never moved once he went to sleep.

The hair on the back of my neck stands on end everytime I remember that trip.

DUQ

Flashlight Enthusiast
:aaa: Oh man. My aunt and uncle once live on an old farm which was haunted. Every morning at around 5, you would hear foot steps come up the stairs, down the hall and stop at the master bedroom. Then not long after you would hear the sound of someone splitting wood outside by the house. The footsteps must have been the wife waking up her husband for chores and him splitting wood for breakfast. Thanks for the story.

Illum

Flashaholic
ugh.....um....
is it possible the guide wanted to walk the trail again knowning that he will pass on to another life before he returns to camp in the morning to...."sleep"?

stories like this makes me want to buy more flashlights.....:ohgeez:

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Your story vaguely reminds of something that happened to me over 28 years ago, and which still sends a chill through my spine. In June of 1978 my parents purchased their home. This is where I still live today with my mother and (until he passed away in March) my father. Anyway, my maternal grandfather passed away on August 7 of that year at age 77 after a bout with pancreatic cancer. He had never even had a chance to see the house. Incidentally but not relevant to the story, neither did my paternal grandfather who passed away two weeks later.

In the weeks after we moved there I walked around the neighborhood quite a bit in order to become familiar with my new surroundings. One day I was a little over a mile from my house crossing a street, and saw a man who was the splitting image of my deceased grandfather crossing in the opposite direction. The street he was crossing would have been exactly the route he would taken after he got off the bus he would have taken from where he used to live. I was too stunned to say anything to the man, and not in the habit of talking to complete strangers anyway. The man didn't notice me or give me any indication that he knew me. To this day I still think I saw my grandfather's ghost, and for whatever reason he either couldn't see me, or was just singlemindedly fixated on seeing his daughter's house for the first time.

What makes this all even more surreal to me is that as a general rule I don't believe in afterlife, ghosts, religions, or anything of that nature. I basically feel that when you die whatever you were goes into nonexistence. The story I just related is the only indication I ever had otherwise of the existence of "something else". That and maybe some premonitions I've had while cycling which caused me to move slightly left or right and avoid obstacles which I wouldn't have seen in time to avoid. Maybe one of my deceased grandparents had a hand in that as well...

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw that police chase, was wild, one secnd they are right behind it, the next second it is on the other side of a chain link fence getting away while they are trying to figure out how it did it.

Had my own weird experience today. Went to the doc office for an xray on my wrist, turned out to be hyperextended not broken. I walked into the room, the door was open. I sat down, and was waiting for the doctor, the door abut 2 minutes later, slowly closed. There was no breeze, no duct blowing on it, no door closer, lol. I even got up and looked around to see if someone came in some other door creating some kind of vaccum bout couldnot see a good reason for it.

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lee1959 said:
I saw that police chase, was wild, one secnd they are right behind it, the next second it is on the other side of a chain link fence getting away while they are trying to figure out how it did it.

Had my own weird experience today. Went to the doc office for an xray on my wrist, turned out to be hyperextended not broken. I walked into the room, the door was open. I sat down, and was waiting for the doctor, the door abut 2 minutes later, slowly closed. There was no breeze, no duct blowing on it, no door closer, lol. I even got up and looked around to see if someone came in some other door creating some kind of vaccum bout couldnot see a good reason for it.

here's some stuff similar to that. Staged or not, who knows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-YV9m1ZD1I&mode=related&search=

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
Arkayne said:
gaaaah I hate these stories.... yet.... I love them. More!!

I don't claim any truth to these, but there's over 10,000 on this page.
http://www.theshadowlands.net/ghost/

Scroll down to "Real Ghost Experiences" and click it. There's hours of reading there. I call BS on alot of them, but they're a good read regardless.