Suggestion on where to start a new blog

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't do blogs, so I don't have much experience. I'm trying to help my brother post his photos online, and write a story about his trip to england. He already has yahoo, google, comcast, opera, and could go with any option.

Can I get a recommendation for a site to start with? Where did you start your blog?

Razor

Newly Enlightened
I don't have a blog myself, although I've thought about starting one many times. Here are afew options that immediatly come to mind, although I'm sure there are more if you just Google for "blogs"...

-Blogger.com --The quintiescential personal blogger site. Click on the scrolling examples on the front page to see existing blogs.

-Livejournal.com --Just what the name implies-more of an online journal

-Xanga.com --Sort of like Livejournal, but more "flashy" looking.

Hope that helps to for now.

drizzle

Enlightened
I don't do blogging either but a lot of blogs I come across are on blogspot which now redirects you to blogger.com.

Added: Oops, I see blogger.com is already listed. I was looking for blogspot and didn't find it when I posted.

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't do blogs cause I know not many read them, but GooglePages I'd say is the best. I do have a GooglePages but for reasons outside blogging. I use it for posting images. It can easily be used for blogging, but can be expanded to a complete personal website thats easy to create. I use mine for sharing pictures. I know a little HTML, but I dont want to spend all the time to type it up. GooglePages makes it insanely easy. Not extremely customizable, but still not too bad.

-C

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm familiar with MySpace, Blogger, Xanga, etc., but I recently came accross Vox. It's by invitation only at the moment it seems, but the two blogs I have seen on it looked pretty decent. I think it would be worth checking out.

The two blogs I have seen are Darren Kitchen's and Wess Tobler's blogs, both crew co-hosts of the video podcast Hak.5.

Latest posts