Bay area CPF get together and shopping spree

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
After my recent
signs140.gif
, SheDevil gave me the chance to redeem myself by providing me with the dates of the next "real" Gun and Knife show.
thanx.gif
SheDevil

The next south bay show according to SheDevil is
SheDevil said:
I did some checking and there is a "hunting, guns, knives and collectables" show at the Santa Clara fairgrounds on Oct. 28 and 29. Admission is 8 bucks.
SheDevil

It's a little bit down the road, timewise, but that will you all time to clear your calendars.

Place: TS Gun and Knife Show, Santa Clara County Fair Grounds
Date: Saturday, Oct 28, 2006 (see, I got the year right this time
grinser2.gif
)
Time: 11:00 AM

Activities:
- Meet old friends
- make new friends
- see lots of neat stuff
- spend more money than you planned
- lunch after the show (time and place TBD)

SCCFairGrounds.png

Last edited:

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like a fun day drolling over all the stuff we really don't have any use for. I might even buy something.

If all goes right I should have that day off after 15 months of working weekends. If not, I need a new job! :rant:

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Umm... I'm not so sure about that senior moment that you thought you had.
The did have an event scheduled for the fairgrounds this past weekend, http://www.tsgunshows.com/index.htm the dates would not have been correct for 2004.

Oddly enough, I drove past the fairgrounds a couple of times over the weekend and did not pay any attention to whether or not there were any events going on.

JimH said:
After my recent
signs140.gif

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
modamag said:
Larry, don't you need a mountain lion taming blade. That's what Tony got. :crackup:
I've always hiked behind him so I wouldn't get blinded by whatever aircraft landing light he was using; now I have another reason to keep a safe following distance. :duck:

CLHC

Flashaholic
Does Santa Clara County permit straight-away purchase on like say a Benelli M3 Super 90? Probably not huh?

If I'm not mistaken, don't they (SCC Sheriff's Deputies) "screen" each person coming in to this kind of show? Especially for "contrabands" like knives on one's person? :thinking:

Now this get together may be something to look forward to!

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brighteyez said:
Umm... I'm not so sure about that senior moment that you thought you had.
The did have an event scheduled for the fairgrounds this past weekend, http://www.tsgunshows.com/index.htm the dates would not have been correct for 2004.
crap.gif
That's what I thought I saw before some well meaning soul pointed out that I might be having a senior moment. Problem was that I just couldn't find the correct info again.
signs131.gif

Thanks for the info. First I felt stupid for being stupid. Now I feel stupid for feeling stupid about being stupid.
awman.gif

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
CHC said:
Does Santa Clara County permit straight-away purchase on like say a Benelli M3 Super 90? Probably not huh?
I'm not aware of any restrictions of straight-away purchases of air soft guns.

CHC said:
If I'm not mistaken, don't they (SCC Sheriff's Deputies) "screen" each person coming in to this kind of show? Especially for "contrabands" like knives on one's person? :thinking:
I don't think they care what you bring in - just that it's not concealed. Every time I take my purse in, they ask me if I have a gun in it. I tell them no, and that's the end of it. Remember, people come here to sell guns and knives as well as buy them.

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
modamag said:
Jim's what the meeting location. The fairground is fairly large :D
There will be signs from the main entrance on Tully to the building where the gun show is being held. You won't have a problem finding it (first post updated with map). How about if we meet out front of the gun show building at 11:00, and then, for those who want to and for late comers, on the hour after that.

It looks like we may have more than a few people show up. We'll have to find a good place for lunch that can handle a group.

Last edited:

CLHC

Flashaholic
I didn't know that "airsoft dealers" attend these events. Was more interested in the "real steel" deal. But I know that's not how it works here. There's still the 15-Day Waiting Period + the BFSC(?) testing/certificate that is in order.

The B/S/T on knives and firearms makes sense. . . :huh: Wasn't thinking about that.

Another way may be to PM fellow CPF members attending, and if one so desires, exchange mobile numbers?

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the 15 day wait and safety certificate is only for buying from a dealer, but I wouldn't swear to it. I don't think it applies to private party sales. You just have to have a dealer do the transfer paperwork to make it legal.

CLHC

Flashaholic
That's right. The DROS.

The local sheriff's department can do it to—when I was selling my Colt's Mfg. Co. LLC M-HBAR to a friend of mine. . .He backed out of the deal when I mentioned about wanting to go to the SCCS Department in downtown San Jose, since I called them and gave them a head's up about my transaction. He backed out of the deal, Hmmm. . .:thinking: Something's amock/amuck.

Last edited:

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just tell people that I'm losing my mind. That way they don't think I'm getting senile ;)

JimH said:
crap.gif
That's what I thought I saw before some well meaning soul pointed out that I might be having a senior moment. Problem was that I just couldn't find the correct info again.
signs131.gif

Thanks for the info. First I felt stupid for being stupid. Now I feel stupid for feeling stupid about being stupid.
awman.gif

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brighteyez said:
I just tell people that I'm losing my mind. That way they don't think I'm getting senile ;)
On the show "Boston Legal", Denny Crane (played by William Shatner) has the early stages of alzheimers. He just tells people it's mad cow disease :grin2:

Last edited:

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
:ohgeez: I heard rumors about this thread and now that I see they're true I'll have to figure out what knives/flashights to wear. :crackup:

I'm in.

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks like I'll finally have weekends off beginning next month :party: so I should be able to make this.