inova xo

berto

Newly Enlightened
Iam suprised theres not that much talk about the new inova xo. It recived 5 stars in flashlightreviews has awesome regulation and is as bright as some 3watt lights not to mention its low price ($35 at frys)and perfect fit and finish. Actually I dont know of any light that compares. Am I missing something???

Supernam

Enlightened
Nope, its a great light. For me, it was between the XO and the X5. Basically, similar runtime plots, but the XO is a spot, while the X5 is a flood (not to mention totally different led type and configuration). 6 hour run time and high quality fit and finish are great selling points for these two lights. The only things that I have never liked about Inovas are their switches, they don't protrude enough and are kinda hard to hold on very long without having the light slip down your hand. This also points out the fact that Inovas are kind of slick since they don't have any kind of checkering/knurling.

BBL

Enlightened
Wrangler said:
Just try their T series lights! For best runtime (on T series) I`d recommend the T2!
The great thing about the X0 is what sucks about the T-series: they have optics, no reflector.

I wish they would make a T3 with reflector.

Buffalohump

Enlightened
I've got the original XO. It rocks. The only thing I don't like about it is its size. I also have the X5. They're a great combination. I'd like to get a new XO but mine is still brand new...

berto

Newly Enlightened
I have a t3,xo3,2 x1,x5 uv, xo2 and two new xo's they are great lights I really like the clicky on the t3. mabye in another year theyll have a t3 as small as the new xo.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love the old version X0 it is definitly one of my favorite lights. Its slimline case, like the X1 and X05, makes it so easy to carry where the flared head of the new X0 and the X03 are not nearly as nice to slip into a hip pocket. I will probably end up buying one of the new X0s, but more likely than that is my buying one of the new X02s with the slim line case first.

berto

Newly Enlightened
The new xo2 is pretty nice its not as bright as the xo3 but close.The old xo was to dim but xo2 is much more useful.

SCblur

Enlightened
I just picked up a new XO at fry's. Awesome output for such long runtime. It is about 90% as bright as my HDS B42xrgt on high, and 6 hours of perfect regulation to boot. considerably smaller than the older XO also. Props to Inova on this one.

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like all my Inova lights alot, but I agree with others about the switches. I wish they
would sell clickie's as an option if you wanted one, I'm sure they'd sell a few.

Illum

Flashaholic
BBL said:
The great thing about the X0 is what sucks about the T-series: they have optics, no reflector.

I wish they would make a T3 with reflector.

It just seems odd, Inova built its reputation on optical lights more specifically the patented TIROS optical technology. years later they recreated the radiant series for ppl who prefers flood beam and cheaper cost. Im surprised the new XO was reflectored.

berto

Newly Enlightened
they still have the optical xo but they made it twice as powerfull and called it the xo2. Their tailcaps are kind of hard to push but their clickes found on the t series are first rate.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
[QUOTEThe old xo was to dim but xo2 is much more useful.] [/QUOTE]

I guess that is why they make so many different kinds of lights, I never found the old X0 too dim to be useful. It was in fact, in my opinion, perfect with a splendid runtime for a midrange flashlight. I hope the new X02 is nearly as good, unfortunatly it will lose some of the great runtime.

SCblur

Enlightened
adirondackdestroyer said:
Can the XO run on rechargables?
I have a new reflectored XO. It will not fit the 17670's, but a 14670 from AW fits well. Haven't done a runtime test yet, but I'm sure it would be less than 5 hours. I use the 14670 in my SFL2, and it decreases the runtime on that significantly.

FEATHERSTONE

Newly Enlightened
The XO and XO3 were my first 123 flashlights, I love those lights, there built like tanks with a nice beam and great run time, ive dropped both on concrete etc with no damage at all, there construction on both of mine have been flawless....Both have been used in harsh conditions and have held up great, and still look as good as new.