More Lumia pics....

Aiki1

Newly Enlightened
Expanding on my lumia experience.... still wish I had a blue.... the photos/exposure washes the effect a bit, details/shapes are more defined in real life....

MyLumia4.jpg

MyLumia5.jpg

btcomm

Newly Enlightened
Still looks sweet. What are you using to make those designs? Looks like the laserpod from thinkgeek.com

allthatwhichis

Enlightened
IT's some kind of crystal, quartz or something. Hasn't posted any pictures of that though, just the beams... Want to keep a monopoly I guess... :poke: :grin2:

Aiki1

Newly Enlightened
Ha - here are pics of what I use - the first is indeed from a Laserpod, the second is plastic, but you have to use more powerful lasers than 5mw to get this - I'm using 40mw red and 10mw green.... plus, on the latest I'm using two together - either these two or two of the second kind....

lumiawheel1.jpg

lumiawheel2.jpg

Aiki1

Newly Enlightened
allthatwhichis said:
:wow: Not what I was expecting at all. That laserpod thing looks... interesting... Is it, ahh... modable? :grin2:

It's just a circle of glass that has all these tiny pyramid-shaped extrusions in it, when the laser hits it goes crazy - the first ones I did were just through that, these were through that and then the other one in the picture - layering is really cool sometimes.

I guess it's modable - if you hit it with a hammer or something.... :grin2:

I got this little gizmo called a Laser Fantasy, it's a 1rpm motor, 5mw diode at best, and rotating plastic disk similar to the second one above - does kind of boring lumia so I took out the diode, taped a second disk over the opening in the front, and rigged it so my variable red laser shines through it at about 40mw - now it's great - beautiful movng lumia, but it's almost a little too fast - putting it through a second disk speeds up the changing effect, but the motor won't run slower.... I don't have a video camera at the moment either.... :lolsign:

Last edited: