Better voltage for "c"size?

9P12volt

Newly Enlightened
I want to increase the voltage on my SL TT3C, due to dim light (especially with the incandesant). It calls for three 1.5v "C" cells.

I figure that this is a 6v bulb. Does anyone make a C cell with voltage higher than 1.5? Can any one suggest an easy way to increase the voltage to the bulb, without modding the light body?

thanks!

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is just a poorly made light. Poor Streamlight hasn't had a lot of success with their Chinese imports. I gave up on my TT3 within a week of getting it and regretted that I had bought it by mail-order. You might want to see what you can find in bulb options (i.e. a higher wattage 4.0 V bulb), but do bear in mind that the reflector is plastic and you don't want it to get so hot that it's going to melt.

9P12volt said:
I want to increase the voltage on my SL TT3C, due to dim light (especially with the incandesant). It calls for three 1.5v "C" cells.

I figure that this is a 6v bulb. Does anyone make a C cell with voltage higher than 1.5? Can any one suggest an easy way to increase the voltage to the bulb, without modding the light body?

thanks!

Led-Ed

Enlightened
Try getting some aa to c adaptors and using 3 aa lithium cells .They usually run close to 1.7v or so.

Led-Ed

Enlightened
If you don't have any adaptors you can probably make a sleeve out of plastic pipe or auto heater rubber hose.