WickedLasers goggles....

Aiki1

Newly Enlightened
Anyone actually have the Laser Shield goggles from Wicked Lasers? Like 'em? So blue to block red and red to block green....? :ohgeez:

livetofall

Newly Enlightened
Yeah. One thing about wickedlasers is that their goggles look cool but they do only protect against the certain nm wavelength. I know because i wrote them. this is great if you have a quality laser, but if you get any infrared, as is talked about in these forums, you are SOL:toilet:. So from my understanding, is you get one of theirs or Jacks (optronics) lasers, that should be sufficient. Now if your modifying or got from somewhere else, could be getting IR. Since I fall in that category, I am looking for YAG goggles which cover the532nm, the 1064(IR) and the other range which is something in the 800range that is used in green lasers. I am not a scientist, not claiming to be. All I know is I dont want to take chances! Right now I am trying to contact a company to be a distributor for in US because I know I am not alone. They will be more than the wickeds, and not sporty,(mad scientist look), but other YAGs I looked at,safetyglass style were running for $200+ range im hoping to have sets for sale at $80, if I can get a break..it is overseas. I hope this post doesnt get edited. I am not going to go for profit, its just something to do while i am layed up, and help everyone stay safe. Who knows though if I can get a deal. I would get the wickeds though if thelaser is a wicked laser or optronics, the others...well dont take my word, read the forums with the experienced peoples opinion:bumpit:

Aiki1

Newly Enlightened
Yea, I see what you mean. I have a green 10mw from extremelasers and a red ~40mw from Aixiz, don't know if there's any IR coming through - I HOPE NOT.

:rant: