13V Wolf eyes displaces my MC60

creampuff

Newly Enlightened
Since the year started I have been walking my dog with my magcharger +WA1160 in hand, in case I need to light up the nearby hill for deers or any other critters. I might have an eternalight around the neck, but not for illumination; it is for cars driving by to see us.

Tonight I finally got a chance to break in my new wolf eyes 13V. After tonight, I think the MC60 might be staying behind, and I'll be taking the wolf eyes.

Sorry, I am not enough of a flashaholic to put in techinical terms: The Wolf eyes might have less output than the MC60, but it looked to have as much throw when I was lighting up the hills. The Wolf eyes ergonomically fits around my hands better, is less bulky, and with the LED tailcap, I can light the path without destroying my night vision, unlike the MC60. With the WE 13V using rechargeable LiIons, I now have the advantages of a slower self discharge rate and no "memory" issues (I know..part myth) of the NiCads. I can remove the extender on the Wolf eyes, put back the 12V bulb, and use primary batteries as well. If I use my Pila IBC charger I can recharge all 3 rechargeables in 6hrs (3 batteries, and I only have one charger); or I can use the tail charger and charge them up in 12 hrs. I think my MC needs 16 hrs to recharge.

Don't get me wrong, my MC60 still obliterates the darkness, more so than my Wolf eyes. If I want to impress someone with an affordable and very simple mod, it would be my MC60. I just think I found the much better dog walking light.