• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

UCL lens for HD45.

Japanese

Newly Enlightened
How many people are interested in getting UCL lens for HD45 ?
Lets gather up and ask flashlightlens.com. I am not sure what the
minimum order is, but it may be possible if there is enough people.

What do you all HD45 owners think ??

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Japanese said:
How many people are interested in getting UCL lens for HD45 ?
Lets gather up and ask flashlightlens.com. I am not sure what the
minimum order is, but it may be possible if there is enough people.

What do you all HD45 owners think ??
Definatley interested, BUT, how we gonna make it fit? The window on the HD45 is very thick, and the o-ring holds the water out. A UCL is alot thinner, so do we seal the window with a bigger O-ring? Will it fit? :thinking:

Fringe

Enlightened
Good questions PSM and also, how to get the darn thing out!

knifebright

Enlightened
that would be one heck of a thick ucl. Kinda the point of the Hd was unbreakable but i could see my self trying to get a ucl in there. The O ring is crammed in there and you need to pry it out with a saftey pin or punch, carefully mind you. Now getting it back in is a painful process involving the swolen tips of you thumbs. Well worth it to get 4 tritium vials around the led.
jimmy

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
knifebright said:
that would be one heck of a thick ucl. Kinda the point of the Hd was unbreakable but i could see my self trying to get a ucl in there. The O ring is crammed in there and you need to pry it out with a saftey pin or punch, carefully mind you. Now getting it back in is a painful process involving the swolen tips of you thumbs. Well worth it to get 4 tritium vials around the led.
jimmy

I would like to see a pic of those Trits!

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Something like this?

H3-LED.jpg

BUT ... with the Aleph system you will crush those vials when used in an A2 or A19 head. Trust me, I know :green:

It IS cool though ... and well worth it, IMHO.

bernie

Japanese

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys, I actually have asked flashlightlens.com about the UCL lens for HD45 before,
and the owner ? of that company ( sorry I can not find the email regarding this ) told me that he needed enough order, also to see the light in order to produce. I think sending one plastic ? lens of HD45 would work.

Should I ask once again about this ?? since there are some people interested in UCL
already, and I think there would be more. ( Me too actually want 2 or 3. )

mikeymoto

Newly Enlightened
I'm pretty sure the guy's web site says a minimum order is 100, and I'm not going to buy 50 of them. It seems like there is not enough interest if this thread is any indicator. :thumbsdow

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Since a lot of the HD45 lights are being sold via the Shoppe I can move this thread in the Shoppe Forum on request to reach more HD45 owners.
Japanese, if you would want me to do this, please PM me or post here.
bernie

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
forgive me for my ignorance. I have a HD45 XX1T. What lens does this have? what is the difference btwn UCL and sapphire? thanks.

ianb

Enlightened
liteboy said:
forgive me for my ignorance. I have a HD45 XX1T. What lens does this have? what is the difference btwn UCL and sapphire? thanks.
The standard lens that come with all HD45's is the 4mm acrylic lens, the UCL would be a nice addition at the expense of being a little bit more fragile than the acrylic lens, McGizmo made it with an eye to diving so the thick lens protects it from the pressure. A UCL (Ultra Clear Lens) is just that and has a very good efficiency for letting light through and giving you more of your lumens out the front end

Ian :)

Last edited:

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
The standard lens is not Sappire. In the early planning phases it was targeted to be Sapphire, but, the cost of the lens would have be ~$50.00 each and we opted to go with 3/16" acrylic due to the high cost of Sapphire. The 3/16" is a little thicker than 4mm and is what makes putting the retaining oring such entertainment.

If there is interest I would need at least 30 people before I place a Sapphire lens order.

-Wayne

ianb said:
The standard lens that come with all HD45's is the 4mm Sapphire lens, the UCL would be a nice addition at the expense of being a little bit more fragile than the sapphire lens, McGizmo made it with an eye to diving so the thick lens prtects it from the pressure. A UCL (Ultra Clear Lens) is just that and has a very good efficiency for letting light through and giving you more of your lumens out the front end

Ian :)