Nylon Holster for the Surefire MB20 Battery Magazine.

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello - Any of my fellow CPF'rs know where I can order a ballistic nylon holster
with plastic buckle (not velcro) for the Surefire MB20 Batter Magazine Carrier?

Would really like to find one and have it stitched to the side of my Blackhawk
holster for the M6 and a holster for an L1 stitched on the other side. One
holster for the M6, a spare battery carrier, and an L1!!!

Oh boy...better check my sheets just thinking of this one!

This may be a perfect job for John Willis :rock:

Any thought s and/or leads would be greatly appreciated.

Happy Torching!

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is your Blackhawk holster for the M6 MOLLE compatible? I was at a local gun show last weekend looking for holsters for my flashlights and there were so many different sizes and shapes of MOLLE pouches that I don't doubt for an instant you'll find one for your battery magazine.

However if you want one with a plastic "Fastex" buckle you will probably have to get the $$$$ premium stuff. My five-and-ten dollar MOLLE gear has Velcro closures.

Size15's

Flashaholic
A couple of things:

NEVER allow your MB20 to get wet or even be in a high humidity atmosphere!
NEVER allow your MB20 to become short-circuited!

To that end if you must carry/store one loaded outside the M6/M5xxB then you must find a water/air tight container for it.

Al

john willis

Newly Enlightened
I am not sure what the mb20 is but if there is enough real estate on the side of the pouch we can do anything . Almost. Realy though, we might be better off building some thing new from the ground up rather than trying to cut some thing open and make it work.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Hi John,

The MB20 is the battery carrier for the M6/M5xxB.
P212.jpg

john willis

Newly Enlightened
Got it. I think that is a bit big to put on the side of the pouch. I think the better way might be to make a panell twice as wide as the lightand sew the light pouch onto it. Then next to the light we can put a pouch for the battery carrier. Or maby even two. Ont that open topward and onw that opens on the bottom? We can put the l1 on the side of the light pouch.

Size15's

Flashaholic
I suggest, no, I urge that the MB20 be carried/transported/stored inside a water/air tight container. I believe CPF have discussed such suitable containers in the past. When a suitable container has been sourced I suggest a pouch be made for it, rather than the bare MB20.

Al

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Al - I'm working on an aluminum thin walled tube w/ o-ring and cap
to transport/store a loaded MB20. Most pouches have enough room
to allow for the slightly larger OD of the tube. I appreciate the heads up
and reminder on the caution required when dealing with a loaded MB20.

John - Those sound like some nice ideas. Do you have ballpark pricing for that
set-up or something similair.

Size15's said:
I suggest, no, I urge that the MB20 be carried/transported/stored inside a water/air tight container. I believe CPF have discussed such suitable containers in the past. When a suitable container has been sourced I suggest a pouch be made for it, rather than the bare MB20.

Al

john willis

Newly Enlightened
seery said:
John - Those sound like some nice ideas. Do you have ballpark pricing for that
set-up or something similair.

Man I dont know. I always shoot myself in the foot with this stuff. I sell most of the pouches for $15.00 and realy dont make any thing on them. I do it to get my gear out there so people know my quality. I get $35.00 for my m6 pouch but this might be easeier because it will be on a panell. Off the top of my head maby $45.00 if a few guys jump in and say they want them.

K-T

*Moderator*
km03001gy3.jpg

One like those (same type, different size) fits the MB20 perfeclty - and it floats. :laughing: I've got one here minus the M6 and its MB20. Hopefully that'll change some day.

john willis

Newly Enlightened
since we were talking about battery holder I thought I'd post this up here.

A customer ordered a battery holder that holds 4 123 batteries. He had a link to a japanese web site that has one which holds 3 batteries. Here is what I came up with.

closeupbatteries.jpg

closed.jpg

topview.jpg

open.jpg