Recommend manufacture & vendor for high quality lithium button cell batteries

InfidelCastro

Banned
If I would want to buy some high quality 2032 lithium buttons cells, not the cheap ones on Ebay, but high quality ones, which ones should I buy and who do you recommend I buy them from? Thanks.

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
the "maxell" brand on e-bay have worked fine for me, my computer watch which uses a big fat coin cell like that ran AS long as the radioshack of the same thing.
on the other hand, that was a long time ago that i purchaced a set of them, from there.

mrme

Enlightened
Yeah, Maxell would be my vote. Varta is another good but still well priced brand. I have found these in name brand devices when new. I have bought them and they have always performed well for me.

I haven't had as much luck with Sony 2016's, but then the two batches I got might have been old, defective or even discharged.

The PT Scout takes four 2032's and PT sells a package of replacement cells for a pretty reasonable price. If you have a sporting goods store loaclly with a lot of PT stuff, you might save yourself the expense and hassle of mail order. The ones I have seen hve been Varta.

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast
mrme said:
I haven't had as much luck with Sony 2016's, but then the two batches I got might have been old, defective or even discharged.
I got an inconsistant batch of Sonys and Sanyos - Energizers have been the most consistant for me. Another really good cell is a Swiss made cell - Renata.

2032s are THE most widely sold cell and are often much cheaper in larger quantities than other sizes.