Snapped Clip on my A2

Sgaterboy

Newly Enlightened
>sigh< It was on my belt and when I sat down I heard a snap and felt the light freefall. I couldnt find the other half of the clip; its broken cleanly off the light, flush with the body. I kinda liked the clip. :awman:

Ralls

Newly Enlightened
I know you've had bad experiences in the past with Surefire's customer service, but just give them a call and they should send you a new clip.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
The manufacturer supposedly offers a lifetime warranty on that product. You might want to contact them to see if they'll honor it. Though recent reports seem to indicate that it may take a lifetime to get your light back :D

Sgaterboy said:
>sigh< It was on my belt and when I sat down I heard a snap and felt the light freefall. I couldnt find the other half of the clip; its broken cleanly off the light, flush with the body. I kinda liked the clip. :awman:

Sgaterboy

Newly Enlightened
yeah, I'm pretty sure if I call them then itll get fixed. . . I just was so sure they'd at least listen to me last time I called them and my problem got blown off as if I was being especially picky, and it hurt, deep inside. The pain still wells within my soul, to the extent that I cry myself to sleep; I have nightmares about being further shunned by Surefire; I close my eyes, and all I see are Mr. Kims haunting stare, his steady, firm voice repeating "the product works as intended. It is YOU who is defective, the product works. . . the product works. . ."

>shudders<

Scott112

Newly Enlightened
When I lost the clip for my L2 (after removing it to try the light minus the clip for awhile) I just called SF customer service and a new clip showed up 7 days later. No charge, no questions asked (like, how did you lose it in the first place, moron?). Great customer service.

LawLight

Enlightened
I left my Z2 "on" and in the hard shell holster once. It toasted the lens. Called SF customer service, and I had 3 new lenses in the mail to me in several days! And I'm the dummy who left the light "on." Nothing defective except my attention span.

Law

Last edited:

SCblur

Enlightened
:crackup::crackup::crackup:
Sgaterboy said:
yeah, I'm pretty sure if I call them then itll get fixed. . . I just was so sure they'd at least listen to me last time I called them and my problem got blown off as if I was being especially picky, and it hurt, deep inside. The pain still wells within my soul, to the extent that I cry myself to sleep; I have nightmares about being further shunned by Surefire; I close my eyes, and all I see are Mr. Kims haunting stare, his steady, firm voice repeating "the product works as intended. It is YOU who is defective, the product works. . . the product works. . ."

>shudders<

g36pilot

Enlightened
Even though I clearly stated it's loss was my fault and offered to purchase the replacement, I received a free A2 clip. Contact was via email and response was fairly quick. Receiving the shipment took two weeks, but I'm NOT complaining.

This is above and beyond any support expectations I have.

The Porcupine

Enlightened
I can only confirm the good experience others have had with SF's customer service. I had a faulty clip on my A2 (due to previous owners abuse, I guess). I told them it was not their fault and I'd gladly pay for a new clip. I got two in the mail a few days later - no charge at all!
Same with a malfunctioning tailcap on my L5. New one in the mail after a phonecall! Excellent service!

Size15's

Flashaholic
Sgaterboy said:
...Mr. Kims haunting stare, his steady, firm voice...
Haunting stares:
392_9238.JPG

DSC_0400s.jpg

_MG_5001.JPG