Foxfury Scout
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What knife do you EDC?

Default Re: What knife do you EDC?

When travelling in familiar territory I carry a Cold Steel XL Voyager Tanto or modified clip point ( I have both), but when visiting cities with more cops about I carry either a Griptilian or CS Voyager L tanto. Both accompanied by Gerber legends or Leatherman waves. Flashlights are usually inova x5s
    Last edited by rifleman; 09-19-2006 at 04:00 AM.

Welcome rifleman! Stay awhile and watch your wallet!
    FAILURE TO PLAN ON YOUR PART DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN EMERGENCY ON MY PART.

Currently EDC'ing the SureFire Delta Folding Combat/Utility Knife EW-04
    LUX'Ottica

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by CHC
    Currently EDC'ing the SureFire Delta Folding Combat/Utility Knife EW-04
    ouch, that's an expensive tool to be carrying around...awsome but a little much for my budget!!!!

I just carry a Camillus Dominator. a frame lock, S30v blade and titanium handle. It works for what it does....
    "a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen." -Warren vs District of Columbia, after three women were raped, beaten for 14 hours and police never came after numerous 911 calls were placed

Right now I EDC a yellow serrated-edged Spyderco Atlantic Salt

Unenlightened

delica 4, always

Large Regular Sebenza.
    -Jim Sexton, creator of the M6-R, the TigerLight Upgrades, Fixture-ring lamp potting, the SL60, co-designer of the B90 Upgrade, and proponent of the SF A2, the SF M6 X-LOLA, Titanium, the Haiku, and the LunaSol 20

Victorinox Midnite MiniChamp II and blue Leatherman Squirt P4 in a pouch on my belt.
    Spyderco Ladybug, Benchmade Mini Grip and Victorinox Cybertool41 in my daily carry bag. I'm looking for a Victorinox belt pouch so I can EDC the CyberTool on my belt to replace the Squirt and MiniChamp as it's a bit too heavy to comfortably sit in my pockets.
    Surefire E1e. Streamlight Scorpion,TwinTask 2L,Key-Mates. Fenix P1,P1D CE+Leef Body,P2D CE, PD20. Civictor V1. NiteCore EZAA, EZCR2. LumaPower D-Mini VX Ultra. Wolf Eyes 9DX Raider. Photon Microlight II. Solarforce Skyline 1

Flashaholic*

My main EDC is a Spyderco Delica4. I occasionally carry my Spyderco Native, but it usually resides in my BOB.

Wave Particle - that mini-skirmish is a NICE folder! What light is that?...is it chrome?

Last edited by jsr; 09-17-2006 at 08:59 PM.
    Streamlight: TL-3 Xenon, Vital Stream Scorpion-FB1, Scorpion LED SSC P4, KeyMate Silver (Nichia CS)
    Nuwai: 2x QIII TWOH (Green and Titanium), TM-313X Ti (QV1J DD 14500)
    Surefire: M2+C2-HA+Detonator, E2D, VG FB1+EXe, VG FB3+E2C+C2
    Vital Gear F2, Huntlight FT01, Jetbeam Jet1 AA and 123A, Fenix E1 (Silver), Luxogen LR5A-3W & LR12 CR2 (SCC P4), Spiderfire LR8, NexTorch Z1, Gerber Infinity Ultra (2x Green), Dae's UV 12LED
    Emergency Kit & Knives Pics - Lights & Knives Pics - Small Knife/Lights

Sir, If I was in america after reading this forum I would now be seriously in debt

Quote Originally Posted by KDOG3
    Welcome rifleman! Stay awhile and watch your wallet!

Enlightened

I love to collect Surefire and other hi end flashlights , the knife for my EDC is a Surefire Delta I got from Steven ( Tactical Supply).

Any opinion of Surefire knives?
    FAILURE TO PLAN ON YOUR PART DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN EMERGENCY ON MY PART.

Enlightened

I like the Delta alot even I don't use it as I should, Surefire brand is the major flashlight collection I have and made in USA.

I carry a Strider PT or a SigTac Rangemaster...

Enlightened

For EDC, I carry either a Buck Crosslock or a Kabar Warthog folder. I carry these two so I don't beat up at work anything nicer I have now or may get in the future.

Flashaholic*

I stopped by Tadgear today and picked up an Endura 4 Wave so I'm giving that a whirl. It's just about the biggest folder I could ever imagine carrying, but it is still rather innocuous when clipped in a pocket and the Wave opening action is very cool. I like it so far, but there is still something to be said for a knife you can have subtly hidden in your hand and then open at a moments notice (the S30v Leek is another one on my "eventually when I find the right price" list). I also like the looks of that Microtech UTX70. Now that I'm in CA instead of South Jersey, I might have to check that out.

Spyderco Native

Sebenza. Surefire L1- (since this is CP forums)

Kershaw Leek. However, I will also carry the Spyderco ATR in black, plain edge when I order one ....

Law

I was EDCing the Victorinox Midnite MiniChampII and the blue Leatherman Squirt P4 beside it in the latex glove case at top right on my right hip. It also had just enough room for the Streamlight Keymate I used to EDC until I got my Fenix P1. Now the Keymate is used as an extra light in my emergency kit that I'm putting together, and my P1 is my EDC light. A spare CR123 has replaced the Keymate in the glove holder.
    I just picked up the holster at top middle this week so now I'm EDCing the Victorinox Cybertool 41 that I got last week, along with either my Spyderco Dragonfly or my new Benchmade Mini Griptilian purchased from Steven at Tactical Supply.
    Last edited by NaturalMystic; 09-19-2006 at 10:44 PM.
    Surefire E1e. Streamlight Scorpion,TwinTask 2L,Key-Mates. Fenix P1,P1D CE+Leef Body,P2D CE, PD20. Civictor V1. NiteCore EZAA, EZCR2. LumaPower D-Mini VX Ultra. Wolf Eyes 9DX Raider. Photon Microlight II. Solarforce Skyline 1

Work: Victorinox Scientist in pocket, Victorinox Cybertool 34 in briefcase.

Home: Victorinox Yeoman (original), red alox Farmer, or One-handed Trekker w/custom micarta scales.

Always: Victorinox stayglow Rambler on keychain

I bet you couldn't tell I'm a Victorinox fan.
    - Terry

Right now my edc knife is a beat up Smith & Wesson Special Ops. I found it on ebay for $3. The only thing wrong with it is, some of the black paint stuff has worn away.

Flashaholic

somehow in spite of being a knife guy and reading this thread whenever it pops up I haven't posted.

I'm currently EDC'ing a Spydie Delica 4 wave with polished clip and tritium vials, a BM Benchmite II, and occasionally a Boker Zeta (ceramic/titanium composite blade). My other main EDC blades are a Wallyworld s30v Native, or Kershaw Blur Tanto CE
    Novatac 120e, E05, L1d/2D ce, Raw NS, D10, so many others...

Enlightened

I carry a spyderco Jester plain edge and a small Victorinox Rambler.

I want to live in the USA ! Why ? Because you can carry knives and guns !!!

I live in France and if you are caught by a police officer in possession of ANY knive (the law says "any object that can trouble public order") you are on your way to pay a visit to a french communist judge with the "guilty until proven innocent" stamp.
    Armed and responsible citizen are the worst nightmare of the french politicians.

I edc a titanium Spyderco ATR. I love the size to weight ratio. It is as close to a perfect knife as I have got so far. I usually prefer a smaller knife because of the weight, but this knife is light! I also love the blade design and unusual frame lock.
    GG~

Currently I EDC a Kershaw Leek, its very slim and fits into a pocket well.

I'm considering picking up the Spyderco manix and a benchmade Griptillian aswell

Flashaholic*

Just picked up a limited run (500pcs) all black Kershaw Baby Boa and a Boker Subcom F. Really really like both of them. The black Baby Boa is to me the most attractively designed knife I've ever seen! A bit small, but nice. I've been carrying the Baby Boa and the Boker Subcom now and don't think I plan on carrying my Delica4 anymore.

Here's some pics:

Streamlight: TL-3 Xenon, Vital Stream Scorpion-FB1, Scorpion LED SSC P4, KeyMate Silver (Nichia CS)
    Nuwai: 2x QIII TWOH (Green and Titanium), TM-313X Ti (QV1J DD 14500)
    Surefire: M2+C2-HA+Detonator, E2D, VG FB1+EXe, VG FB3+E2C+C2
    Vital Gear F2, Huntlight FT01, Jetbeam Jet1 AA and 123A, Fenix E1 (Silver), Luxogen LR5A-3W & LR12 CR2 (SCC P4), Spiderfire LR8, NexTorch Z1, Gerber Infinity Ultra (2x Green), Dae's UV 12LED
    Emergency Kit & Knives Pics - Lights & Knives Pics - Small Knife/Lights

what is that flashlight in last pic? and where can I get one? thanks

I have been carrying a yellow Victorinox Classic on my keychain for a very long time. But lately my interest in flashlights has also rekindled my interest in knives. Just for fun I gathered up the knives collected through the years and found some I forgot I had - about a dozen or so, some nice, some rough.

I purchased a few knives for the time in years to see which I would like to EDC. This week's flavor is a Kershaw Leek with a plain S30V blade and G10 handle. I'm trying it out inside my waistband, but I'm not too sure about packing an assisted-open knife that close to my vitals. The G10 scales are real grippy, but it makes it somewhat difficult to slide in and out of your pocket or waistband. I can see that heavy use would wear out your clothing. The assisted opening is quite swift and had I not known about it I would have thought this to be a switchblade. It's real snappy.

On its way is a Benchmade Osborne 960 in red and an Al Mar Falcon Ultralight. I'll try them out for a week or two and see which earns the top spot.

Quote Originally Posted by revv11

I purchased a few knives for the time in years to see which I would like to EDC. This week's flavor is a Kershaw Leek with a plain S30V blade and G10 handle. I'm trying it out inside my waistband, but I'm not too sure about packing an assisted-open knife that close to my vitals. The G10 scales are real grippy, but it makes it somewhat difficult to slide in and out of your pocket or waistband. I can see that heavy use would wear out your clothing. The assisted opening is quite swift and had I not known about it I would have thought this to be a switchblade. It's real snappy.
    I EDC the exact same knife. I love it. Out of the box, the G10 was pretty heavy on the texture so I hit it lightly with a belt sander. Now it's perfect. I took the pocket clip off and found that it carries very nicely when just dropped in my pants pocket. I leave the blade lock off and have never had a problem with the blade inadvertently coming open in my pocket. That stone washed S30V blade is fantastic.
    Jim - Have lights, lead, and steel will travel

The heck with runtime. I just want to hold the sun in my hands!! Brighter is Better!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast