What size battery do I have?

ifoxbox

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

I have a dead battery, and I want to verify what size it is before I purchase a replacement. It is a Nicad made by Sanyo and it is a little over 1 ½ tall and a little about 2" in diameter. It says KR-1200AUL on the battery, and under that it says Japan GF. My guess is that it is a 4/5A 1200 mAh battery. Does anyone know if that is correct, and where I could purchase replacements?

Also, if it is indeed a 4/5A 1.2v, 1200mAh battery, besides the size is there any difference in a 1.2, 1200mAh AA battery?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

paulr

Flashaholic
2 inches in diameter??! That's not a 4/5A.

You can get replacements at batterystation.com, cheapbatterypacks.com, digikey.com, etc.

Nicads generally want a different charging profile than nimh cells. If this cell came from inside a cordless gadget (tool, electric toothbrush, whatever) with its own charging system (especially any kind of fast-charging system), you may want to replace it with another nicad so that the charge termination scheme works properly.

ifoxbox

Newly Enlightened
paulr said:
2 inches in diameter??! That's not a 4/5A.

You can get replacements at batterystation.com, cheapbatterypacks.com, digikey.com, etc.

Nicads generally want a different charging profile than nimh cells. If this cell came from inside a cordless gadget (tool, electric toothbrush, whatever) with its own charging system (especially any kind of fast-charging system), you may want to replace it with another nicad so that the charge termination scheme works properly.

Sorry, I was measuring the circumference of the battery not the diameter. It is a little over 5/8" in Diameter which would be about 17mm. Thanks for the info. I do plan to replace it with another Nicad.

Flash_Gordon said:
Try here: Battery

If you Google KR-1200AUL other sources will be there.

Thanks! I did try google first, but I wanted to make sure that my battery was indeed a 4/5A before I purchased anything.