Tattoos on opposite sex

Do you like tattoos on members of the opposite sex?

• Yes

Votes: 88 24.2%
  • No

Votes: 216 59.5%
  • Do not care one way or the other

Votes: 59 16.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, this is probably going to be a pretty heated topic, or has the potential to be. With all the current interest in tattoos for pretty much all economic groups, and all sexes, they have even started havin gtelevision shows geared towards this group. I watched a few minutes of one tonight and it got me to wondering, who here likes or dislikes tattoos on the opposite sex, find them sexy, or whatever..

Personally, I dislike them on females, never have liked them. I don't mind them on men, but truly cringe when I see them on a woman.

Greta

Flashaholic
You'd go into cardiac arrest if you ever met me then... I have 11 of them... and working on #12.... :grin2:

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Hi Kel,

Hope you got your light back! Love your "flashlight girl" tattoo!

On topic, (sorta,) let's leave pierceings outta this! :D

Larry

Last edited:

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I say I dislike it, and I do, but that did not stop me from dating a girl with them way back when. The person matters more than what is on the outside, decorated or not.

Lol, well I do have strong opinions and even dislike things like the old frosted hair which was so popular back when my wife and I were first dating too (late 70's). It was our only fight while dating, when she did it to her hair. And it lasted till it grew out, lol. For months after, she would ask if I liked how she looked or something of the like and I would say yes, except your hair looks like sh**, and she would go ballistic. She never learned to stop asking, and I never learned to stop answering, lol.

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't like tattoos or piercings. Tattoos and piercings are like covering a great statue or work of art with grafiti and stabbing bits of wire through it. No thanks. I don't even like makeup; I've yet to see a woman who was more attractive with makeup than without.

Yep, I know I'm strange.

:buddies:

AnimalHousePA

Enlightened
Although I have quite a few tattoos on me, I don't like too many tattoos on women...I used to like heavily tattooed women but now for some reason, it turns me off...Guess I'm getting old...:whistle:

VWTim

Enlightened
I don't mind some tattoo's especially when they're tastefull and meaningfull. The stereostypical tribal tattoo on the lower back is annoying tho, with the amount of them I see I think they're doing them at the mall in the back of the GAP.

nethiker

Enlightened
I think some tattoos are very attractive, others are a complete turn-off.

I remember this young Australian gal who was a dive master on a Tahitian cruise. She had the hottest turtle tattoo on her shoulder that seemed pretty sexy. Or maybe she was sexy and that made her tat seem hot. Either way it worked for me.

I don't go much for the skulls with flames on a woman. Of course, my wife doesn't go for tattoos at all. It'll be tough for me to get another.

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
I voted NO... But that is in general.... On a very few gals they just 'work' and look great. But for most, no, they are a complete turnoff to me.

What is really disgusting though, is when you see some 70 + year old woman who apparently had a wild youth but has lived to regret having tattoos, now faded, blended inks and sagging, especially in such places that aren't covered by comfortable clothes. :eeew:

Guys too.

Greta

Flashaholic
The stereostypical tribal tattoo on the lower back ...

:laughing: ... My daughter calls those a "tramp stamp"... :grin2: ... I have yet to see one of those that I like... thus, I don't have one.

However, I do have piercings... nothing too outrageous... my nose, my navel, my ears (6 in one ear, 1 in the other)... I leave the really radical piercing stuff to my daughter... she did a full double loop corset down her back for the Club Tattoo 10th anniversary party in Phoenix back in May... 12 piercings... 6 down each side of her spine and laced up with ribbons... :eek:

Safety1st

Enlightened
I've dated women in the past that have had tatoos....

One had a small one in the base of her back/spine....another has a celtic band around her ring finger..

Personally, I don't like them.....(my wife hasn't got any, and i'm glad).

I think the only feminine place to have them is perhaps the small of the back, or a tiny on on the upper back/shoulder blade...

Certainly none on the arms or the chest area !

That's my personal view and in no way derrogatory against people that do have them in those areas....

Having said that...the most attractive woman with tatoos in those areas is Janine Lindemulder (off the top of my head)..

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h286/JessSteph22/janine_lindemulder_photos.jpg

Last edited:

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
all my girlfriends get a "PROPERTY OF TEDTHELED" across the butt.
So guys, do me a favor, and check first, before..you know..

peace out,
TTL

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
You know, come to think of it, I did date one girl......

She had a tattoo of a snake, with it's head on her neck and the body of the snake winding around her body, it's tail ending at her sweet spot. When I was being a brat(often), instead of saying something like "kiss my a$$" she'd say "lick my snake."

It was definitely interesting. :buddies:

HonorKnight

Newly Enlightened
I may not know where I am, but I'm not lost.
I always thought that a tattoo should have meaning if you were going to get one. Not just get one to have one. I prefer them to be small and in places that can be covered up for formal occations. Small tattoos can accentuate beauty. However, I believe in moderation in all things. I find people that go to extremes in anything disconcerting.

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't care for them and find them un-attractive most of the time.

I always wanted one simple tattoo (Eagle Globe and Anchor) in a not so obvious place, but my skin doesn't heal well so it'll just scar over.

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sasha said:
:laughing: ... My daughter calls those a "tramp stamp"... :grin2: ... I have yet to see one of those that I like... thus, I don't have one.
Out here we call that a "Santa Cruz license plate".

Personally I've never liked tattoos on anyone, except they make it easy to identify career criminals.

Skyclad01

Enlightened
mmmmmm... tattoos (and/or piercings) on women just makes my sweet spot get even sweeter. :D

Delvance

Enlightened
Not a fan of tattoos myself. I suppose a small one at a well chosen spot might be alright but at the end of the day...i'm not a fan.

Please don't take offense anyone, that's just my opinion of course, not what is right or wrong (and i don't think there is a right or wrong in this case).

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is going to sound totally OT, but it's not; just wait for it.

I've had a dog for about three years now. Whenever part of me gets close enough, he licks. A finger, a toe, a face, whatever. I've also found that many other dogs do this, too. Most pit bulls I've met have been the sweetest, lickiest puppies (at any age) that I've met. Corny though it might sound, it has made me realize one thing (and here's my point):

It's what's inside that counts.

There, I said it. You can laugh at the cliche, or you can believe me when I say that that's really how I feel now. Whenever I see an "ugly" dog wagging his tail and straining to sniff at me and lick my face, I tell his human what a handsome and beautiful dog he/she has - and I sincerely mean it.

That said, I could never get myself a piercing. That would be like dropping a 2D plastic incan onto concrete to give it some "character." I've experienced enough pain (continuous, surgical pain) to have developed a real aversion to it, and to wounds that take ages to heal properly and then leave a massive scar.

If YOU want to do it though, have fun! :grin2:

Sorry for the incoherent rambling. I blame the fact that I've been up for 19 hours (because my MasterCard came today), and I have to be awake again in another six. G'night, all. :sleepy:

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
I voted don't care...

I like some tattoos, I dislike others, It doesn't really matter if they are on a female or a male person. But it does matter if the tattoo is right or wrong for that person. And right or wrong is defined by 'content' and location.

Personally, I think that one should be able to cover up his or her tattoo, as there are people in this world who will take offense, or there might be situations where it is just not appropriate to have a tattoo showing.
Contentwise I think that people who get one of those chinese text tattoos, without actually being able to read them are pretty dumb. I know a guy who asked for a tattoo on his lower back saying Strength in Life in chinese, but when he got laughed at by some chinese guys in the dressingroom at the local gym, he found out that his tattoo actually said 'Swipe card here'. Pretty funny, as it was just above his butt...
But(t) anyway... A tattoo that suits the person and is in the right place is still a piece of art IMHO, but otherwise, it looks dumb or tacky at least...

Status
Not open for further replies.