• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Some variation?????

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would love to see HA Natural, machined stainless steel, etc.

I love the texture of the machined brass, but brass is too heavy for edc. Why not machined aluminum, perhaps slightly heavier duty than your current HA black, in a HA-natural finish? I think it would sell well - I'd certainly buy some

Anyone else???

Theatre Booth Guy

Enlightened
I'm quite happy with my aluminum Peak's. However, more resistant to drops while still being lite is good and why I'm wishing for a HD HDS - mine has a good size ding in the front from a short fall to concrete.

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Illumination said:
Would love to see HA Natural, machined stainless steel, etc.

I love the texture of the machined brass, but brass is too heavy for edc. Why not machined aluminum, perhaps slightly heavier duty than your current HA black, in a HA-natural finish? I think it would sell well - I'd certainly buy some

Anyone else???

I've heard it explained that matching color part to part with HA nat can be a problem and Peak has decided they'd rather not deal with those type complaints. HA Nat will also show other ano inconsistencies that are well hidden in black ano. Personally, I like the slight shade differences on ha nat lights so I'd opt for HA Nat as well.

Grubbster

Enlightened
I actually have a HA natural from Peak. It has a beautiful mat natural finish. It is one of the original models of the Matterhorn. Maybe they had problems with consistency and decided to stick with the black like xochi states.

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast
lucky you, grubster. that must be a collector's item now

well, we can only hope more are on the way. i've developed this thing for HA-nat (after buying SF, HDS and looking at the Arcs). Black is good for "display", but i think HA-nat looks better for a "user"

brotherbob

Banned
Who cares what they look like as long as they work!! Unless you wear a pair of them for earrings.

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry Bob and no offense meant, but I've got to disagree. Did you pick the color of your car? Or did you just get black? What about your shirt? Watch? Shoes?

I know..."Its only a flashlight". But if that is how you feel, why are you on this forum??? (No offense meant)

For me, a flashlight isn't just a flashlight. It's a prized possession, and I care how they look. I just like the HA natural finish better - and I think it is generally more durable.

The market also seems to like HA-Natural better (HDS, Surefire, Jet, etc.) Even Fenix offers a non-black version, though its not HA.